Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2019 6:48:11 PM EDT
There will be a Tac Med Class in Crowheart on 8-9 June at the Tactical Training International's Range Complex.
the class is $300  (this class will conform to the most recent TCCC-AC (all Combatants) Aug 2018 guidelines) with a strong focus on self aid and buddy aid.

History of Tactical Medicine

Personal safety

MARCH methodology

TQ’s their uses and use of several common TQ's

Wound packing and practice, discussion of common hemostatic agents

Airway, positioning and NPA with practical training

Respiration's keeping them breathing and practical with airway head, chest seals, pneumothorax

Circulation, Pulse checks, reassess bleeding

Hypothermia , cold, wet. Space Blankets.
Head Injuries
Hemorrhagic shock

Burns

Care Under Fire (self aid/buddy aid)

Tactical Field Care (buddy aid) along with moving a causality, liters and improvised caries.

Tactical Evacuation Care (AKA Casevac)  Moving a causality via ATV, UTV, pickup, considerations for boats and aircraft.

The lead instructor is a highly experienced Paramedic, Critical Care Paramedic, who has practiced all over the world, including several years of practice in Wyoming.

Contact me via PM for additional information
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
This class has been put in for POST Certification.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Doc, would this course be too high tech for a person who's exposure to the subject matter is self aid buddy care in the USAF?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The intent of the class is to bring solid well researched info to the non-healthcare provider, who will likely be the first person to be able to render aid to a injured person. The class would give you the most up to date info on self and buddy aid.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Doc, thanks for the information. I wouldn't mind learning a little more about caring for injured people. What is the prevailing opinion about using CELOX gauze / powder on deep, penetrating wounds? Some things that I've read say that it should only be used on surface cuts / abrasions etc..
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never used it on a surface wound, there is minimal need.

The intent for Celox or QC is for packing into deep wounds to stop arterial bleeds or major venous bleeds, for which they are very effective when I have used them. Just remember to hold constant pressure on the wound for 3 solid minutes after you finish packing. If you let pressure off for any reason the clock for the three minutes restarts. If you fail to do this the product will most likely be ineffective.

There will be another class in the Oct-Nov time frame, dates are pending a conversation with the boss.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Doc!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top