Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2021 11:32:37 AM EDT
I'll be in Tacoma all next week for work and staying right next to the convention center. I was wondering if any of you locals could give me some restaurant recommendations? My coworkers will probably do one nice sit-down dinner while we're in town, and then some casual places for the rest of the week. I'm pretty open to different types of cuisine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Always liked Anthony's down on Ruston for seafood.   Ive been gone for a while but there is a bunch of new restaurants down on the end of the waterfront as well.  

Sir James...
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're down at the convention center,  I would  definitely check out El gauchos on Pacific ave. Its expensive, but last I was there, it was really good. Johnny's dock is pretty decent with a nice view. Its fairly close to the convention center as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Rhein Haus
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Asado on 6th.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on Rhein House and Asado

It's a bit of a drive, but the Cliff House on Browns Point has an awesome view of the city and port (put the ship finder app on your phone and you can see what most of the boats are)

Stanley and Seafort's also has a great view of the city. Haven't been there in a while but the food is good

If you like sushi Fujiya is great and within walking distance. The Koi used to be Two Koi, it's still pretty good but I haven't been there in a while

Boathouse 19 is down the hill from my house. Decent food and a big dock space to eat by the water. There's a brewery right next door

McMenamins Elks Temple is not very good food, not bad just kinda pedestrian and overpriced. It's really a cool place to wander around though. Get a drink and explore. Try to find the hidden bar

For pub food Hank's and the Parkway are solid

7 Seas has some really good beers. Big tap room, you can take your own food or there's a separate business that sells food
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 on Rhein House and Asado

It's a bit of a drive, but the Cliff House on Browns Point has an awesome view of the city and port (put the ship finder app on your phone and you can see what most of the boats are)

Stanley and Seafort's also has a great view of the city. Haven't been there in a while but the food is good

If you like sushi Fujiya is great and within walking distance. The Koi used to be Two Koi, it's still pretty good but I haven't been there in a while

Boathouse 19 is down the hill from my house. Decent food and a big dock space to eat by the water. There's a brewery right next door

McMenamins Elks Temple is not very good food, not bad just kinda pedestrian and overpriced. It's really a cool place to wander around though. Get a drink and explore. Try to find the hidden bar

For pub food Hank's and the Parkway are solid

7 Seas has some really good beers. Big tap room, you can take your own food or there's a separate business that sells food
View Quote

I wonder if we're neighbors? Boat house 19 is just down the hill from me as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably

I'm close to Pao's
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Probably

I'm close to Pao's
View Quote

I'm directly across the street from chase Bank, with the smurf blue shop. If you see the shop door open, stop on by.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Asado on 6th or Cactus in Proctor.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm directly across the street from chase Bank, with the smurf blue shop. If you see the shop door open, stop on by.
View Quote
Small world, I'm on Oxford
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the matador.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to live in the Stadium District a few blocks from Wright Park.  I suggest.... any of the suggestions mentioned already.  

If you're looking for bar food for an evening, Spar down on Ruston used to be good.  For pizza try Rock Pasta (or whatever they're calling themselves now) in the University District.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Skip El Gaucho and go to Cuerno Bravo, your wallet will thank me!

Check out Point Ruston, its a large development near Ruston Way in Tacoma.  Wild Fin is a great restaurant with a view.
Ice Cream Social is there also with great ice cream.  If you want an affordable informal meal, there is a taco restaurant above the parking garage thats great!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Wooden City in downtown. The hamburger is amazing and ask for the side Caesar salad. It’s awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top