Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2009 8:43:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pliftkl]
Since a mod has been gracious enough to tack this thread, I'll post the currently known Texas Schedule for the first half of the year.  The shoots we have on the schedule are confirmed.  We expect to add locations at College Station as well as Austin before April of this year.

Jan 10-11   Davilla, TX
Jan 17-18   El Paso, TX
Feb 21-22   Midland, TX
Feb 21-22   El Paso, TX
Feb 28-Mar 1  Davilla, TX
Mar 14-15   Davilla, TX
Mar 28-29   Amarillo, TX
Apr 18-19   Amarillo, TX
Apr 18-19   Davilla, TX
Apr 18-19   El Paso, TX
Apr 18-19   Midland, TX
Apr 25-26   El Paso, TX
May 16-17  Davilla, TX
May 16-17  El Paso, TX
Jun 6-7  Davilla, TX
Jun 27-28   El Paso, TX

Complete list of Appleseeds across the US with location specific information

Original Post (all of which is still valid except for the "this weekend" and "Davilla" parts.

The RWVA will be hosting another Appleseed Rifle Clinic this weekend in Davilla, TX (about an hour NE of Austin).  This is a relatively cheap clinic that will let you work on position marksmanship.  The class starts with the basics of firing a shot and takes students through firing the Army Qualification Test.  We also tell the story of April 19, 1775, broken up in 3 parts through the day.

The two day clinic is $70 if you preregister, or $45 for just one day (if you've not been to an Appleseed before, it is better to come on Saturday for the instruction).  Walk ons with no prior registration are about $10 more.  Women, under-21, and active or reserve military shoot free.

We do all shooting Saturday on a 25m range, so you can shoot this with 22LR.  The most common rifle on the line is probably the Ruger 10/22, though plenty of people show up with battle rifles as well.  You can show up with ANY rifle (we're just happy you are there!), but magazine fed rifles will be easier to shoot some of our courses of fire with.

On Sunday, if there are sufficient people who are shooting well enough, we'll move to the 400m range and shoot the AQT at full distances  Edit:  This only applies to ranges that support this, such as Davilla..

Davilla, TX specific Appleseed Info
General Info about Appleseed and RWVA

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Appleseed kicks ass!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
See you there!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I'll have to hit the next one.  I'll plan ahead so I don't double book on that weekend.

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan on doing a CMP course sometime in the spring when the weather is a little warmer.
I'm a little old for boot camp in extreme weather.

Link Posted: 1/12/2009 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#6]
How difficult would it be to organize some of these events in the DFW area, I wonder? I've always wanted to attend an Appleseed, but my geographical bad luck never positions me near one when they're happening.

Anyone in the DF Dub want to jump in and collaborate on getting one of these things going? There's a ton of ranges around here, and I would love to use this as a possible vehicle toward getting Soldiers from my unit more directly involved in rifle marksmanship.

I'm up to do whatever is necessary to bring this off, and I think I can get a decent-sized group of interested people to attend if we can make it happen.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to take my GF to an Appleseed.  A DFW event would be awesome.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 10:09:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 338winmag] [#8]
Your list of country wide shoots link is bad.  

Link for country wide Appleseed shoots

ETA:  You need some of these events in the eastern part of the state.  Like the Southeastern part of the state.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Gainesville is pretty close to DFW. It is up north of Denton. I've been to Appleseed events there and it is a cool range. That's about the closest range to DFW at the moment. To the south you have CTRP near Waco, which I've been to a zillion times. Great spot and they allow overnight camping.

Texas schedule:
https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=TX&state=Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top