Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2022 6:22:42 PM EDT
TSRA recommendations for primary elections where there is more than one candidate and see the grade and endorsement they have given.

https://tsrapac.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/TSRA-PAC-Primary-Endorsements-and-Grades-V2.pdf

From their email:
A candidate with a letter grade followed by the letter "Q" means that we have assigned them a grade based on a number of factors but NOT any legislative history. By example, an "AQ" means yes, we've vetted them as well as we can and we think they are friendly on TSRA issues but until they are elected and cast a vote, they will aways be graded a "qualified A".

A grade of "???" means, essentially, we've done our best but based on a number of factors, we cannot say they are friendly.

Clearly a grade of "F" is as you remember from school. They are not our friends and have the legislative history to prove it.

If you want to check if your district has changed because of redistricting:

https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering if that ????? means they didn't return their questionnaire or didn't get it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm wondering if that ????? means they didn't return their questionnaire or didn't get it.
View Quote

I am pretty sure everyone who filed got one. 4 years ago I read the NRA questionnaire, it was 10:questions couple were ‘do you support banning assault weapons’ , ‘banning magazines over 10 rounds’, ‘do you support concealed carry’. They had the signature on the candidate and the NRA lobbyist at the time Alice Tripp. Now 4 years ago there was no question on Constitutional Carry.

If you supported the NRA on all 10 questions you got an A, all or most against you got a F. If you didn’t return the questionnaire you got ????? To show you did not care or were too lazy to answer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Letter  grades  are  based  on  past  performance.  An  "AQ"  grade  means  the  candidate does  not  have  a  legislative  record  but  did  complete  an  issues  survey  and  has  pro-2A positions. "???"  means  we  cannot  assign  any  grade  because  candidate  declined  to complete  the  survey  and  does  not  have  any  record  of  public  positions  on  2A  issues.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top