Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2019 12:15:23 PM EDT
Any one have a contact for TS Arms on Saturday?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
TS Arms is no more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I was just on the phone last week about a transfer from AIM Surplus.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I say they’re no more. The old store front in Alabaster is no more. @notso can proba give you better info than I can.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve got some pending NFA transfers there. A search has recently showed they declared bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw that.

Anyone have a FFL in the Alabaster/Pelham area they use?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Sad!  They were all good people.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
You can use Nichols Outfitters, right there at the tank farm exit
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So who took over their pending transfers?
View Quote
I called Silencer Shop this morning. They said TS Arms SOT was good till sometime this summer. I have 3 pending transfers that should be approved before that time frame. The question is where I will go to pick them up.

I haven't stopped by the shop in a while but is it gone?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
TS Arms new address.

2639 Pelham Pkwy
Pelham, Al 35124
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TS Arms new address.

2639 Pelham Pkwy
Pelham, Al 35124
View Quote
Thanks. Looks like paperwork is being handled by a new business at that location "The Armory".
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what happens to those that prepaid for memberships to the range they were going to build?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]
That place moves more than a Yo-Yo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I doubt they sold many. The prices and benefits were not good compared to Hoover Tactical.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what happens to those that prepaid for memberships to the range they were going to build?
I doubt they sold many. The prices and benefits were not good compared to Hoover Tactical.
Yeah, I figured as much, though I REALLY wanted it to work for those of us down "south"
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Well just heard the news when I was talking to a buddy at the range about how I had a can at TS Arms. Apologize for this rant:

I had a AEM5 can for my MK12 sent to them on a form three in October 2016. I used their SilencerShop Kiosk, got picture and prints there as well as tax stamp through them, sent my Trust to SilencerShop which was received, and they told me they'd take care of the rest, I was all set, and they would call me when the suppressor came in and it was probably best to just forget about it because the wait time was expected to be a year. Well a can I bought through another dealer and submitted around the same time came in the next December, so I called the NFA to check on can 1's progress.

Not in the system.

I said thats not right, so I called TS arms and after getting the run-around for about a month with them telling me to call silencer shop and silencer shop saying they never put the can in the SilencerShop system, and finally going back in in person, having them write down my information, my silencer shop account, and the can they were supposed to transfer they said they submitted everything in March 2018. Except they didn't, again. I blame this part on myself for trusting them, but lesson learned I guess. I called ATF around june-july to see if it had gone pending, not in the system.

I once again got run around in circles being told to call SilencerShop, who they blamed throughout everything(and who were actually very helpful throughout this and in every dealing I have ever had with them) until I finally got them to put the can in the SilencerShops system and have that confirmed with the nice people at SilencerShop. SilencerShops website says check gets cashed September 20th, 2018. Finally, everything is alright

Well except now they are out of business and i've got to track this can down again.

Now I acknowledge I should have checked up more initially and throughout, but this was my first NFA purchase while wait times were often hitting a year or more, and they were very clear that they were experienced in NFA items and would get everything sent off quickly and that I was all set. Why they never called after realizing there was a can in the store just sitting there for almost 2 years still eludes me. It was definitely a learning experience for me, but the fact that they didn't care enough to fix it immediately the first time, lie about putting it in the system again, pass the blame, and never call me back except maybe 2 out of the dozens of calls makes me feel less at fault.

Also I looking back I'm remembering all the rude ways the staff treated me when I was in there. Criticizing my choice of suppressor and saying it was a big, heavy can after I told them it was for a MK12, and that I should have bought a yankee hill. They also said similar things Knights MK11 suppressor that I form 3'd to them but thankfully sent to another dealer. I guess because i'm not a 40 year old fudd who wants to buy a terribly cerakoted red AR pistol with a red cerakoted bolt carrier, or some cobalt kinetics nonsense that sat on their wall for years, that its alright to not care about your customers.

The only tears I'm shedding in the light of their bankruptcy is that they once again fucked me over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Well that sucks. So, how does one go about receiving the item once the ATF gives the stamp of approval? Keep us updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top