Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2022 10:11:52 PM EDT
Will there be any deals on ammo, fudge & pickles?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I go for all the exotic smells.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I do wish that some of the folks that come to the show would bathe more often,

and some need to realize that just a dab will do on the cologne,,,,

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I enjoy the over priced ticket.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

the first show after the great exodus of Afghan refugees,   one dealer I know swore the area behind his tables was a place someone placed a honey pot,
or just pissed on the floor,

the building was supposedly scrubbed , disinfected etc etc, but his table area had a funk, and he is a clean guy
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
My kid and I hit the last one to get some ideas for a 10/22 build. We actually left with a Vortex scope, then ordered a bunch of parts from the parking lot.

Having 1/2 the vendors trying to tell me why there overpriced stuff was overpriced didn't make it fun. I would rather hit the range...
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I enjoy gun shows. Good deals still to be had if you look hard enough and are willing to talk to people like a Human being.

Last Dulles show, I walked out with 600 rounds of new production, brass-cased, 9x19mm for $0.29/round. I’m not saying you will find that this weekend but take your time, talk to people and enjoy American freedom.

Make sure to stop by one of the VCDL tables and join or renew. If you join/renew OUTSIDE, you can SKIP THE LINE and get into the show for FREE!
(but you should join regardless because VCDL does a lot to fight for YOUR Rights)

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
There used to be a guy with a table selling cz rifles, anyone know if he’s still around? Looking for a 457.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Going to head over there in a little while.  It's good entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
the warm weather we are having means the dress code now in summer mode

so that makes people watching kinda interesting,

so far I have only seen a couple of 'wtf were they thinking' or  otherwise know as 'walmartian outfits'
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the warm weather we are having means the dress code now in summer mode

so that makes people watching kinda interesting,

so far I have only seen a couple of 'wtf were they thinking' or  otherwise know as 'walmartian outfits'
View Quote

Well, it shares a parking lot with Walmart, so...
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's right.
At one end, in the large building you have the hot chocolate covered peanuts.
At the other end, in the smaller building you have the urine soaked homeless guy shopping for t-shirts, ...at least he was there yesterday.
Will see what exotics happen today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, which one of you guys parked on the street?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#14]
This scene from “Deal Of The Century” always reminds me of gun shows

Chevy chace Deal of yhe century
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#15]
They call it the fun show for a reason, and as fun as it may be, we should remember these vendors are providing a valuable service for us.  The fee to get in is higher than it needs to be, but it keeps the crowds more manageable and the vendors know if people are paying to come in they are coming to buy.  The people are the market and they drive the prices. people don't buy prices go down, people buy and prices go up.

Now, as soon as my parachute pants and beater or done drying, I'll be heading to the fun show :)  Have a great day everyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They call it the fun show for a reason, and as fun as it may be, we should remember these vendors are providing a valuable service for us.  The fee to get in is higher than it needs to be, but it keeps the crowds more manageable and the vendors know if people are paying to come in they are coming to buy.  The people are the market and they drive the prices. people don't buy prices go down, people buy and prices go up.

Now, as soon as my parachute pants and beater or done drying, I'll be heading to the fun show :)  Have a great day everyone.
View Quote

Do you go with a summer white, or fall black beater?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Missed it due to work... again.

It's all so tiresome.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Thought about it, but have not been tempted by anything in the last 2 or 3 shows, so went shooting instead.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There used to be a guy with a table selling cz rifles, anyone know if he’s still around? Looking for a 457.
View Quote

I believe that was Damascus Gun Shop out of Damascus Virginia.  I believe they're out of business.  I used to buy CZ pistols from them .
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the VSP still meddling in private transactions for free at gun shows?

And do they just run the buyer’s info through the background check system or do they record the firearm’s serial number and that sort of stuff as well?

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I used them a couple shows ago. All things considered, it was the least painful route for a private party sale
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like freedom continues to spiral downward:

https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_451
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Showmaster’s still shows a gun show at the Expo center June 17-19.

https://www.showmastersgunshows.com/
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Site is working now
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Site is working now
View Quote

Good to know.  Thanks.

Really bizarre that it was throwing a 451 error.  That usually means government takedown.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I drove by today, Friday, at 3pm.
The parking lot was completely full.
It probably will be crazy busy this weekend with all the threats about gun control.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I would be interested to know what ammo prices are like at the show.  .223, 7.62 and the other usual suspects.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I got there around 5, got parking in the closest lot with several spaces open.  Not crowded at all.  I was there until about 7.  I did see some ammo prices lower than last time, but I can't remember exactly the price.  I know I have been seeing $360 per case of 9mm at recent shows, and I just know it was less than that.  There was some ammo there made by some oddball country that looked shiny at least, and was cheap.  The guy had a booth full of that brand of ammo.  Fun to walk around and look.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I drove by today, Friday, at 3pm.
The parking lot was completely full.
It probably will be crazy busy this weekend with all the threats about gun control.
View Quote

died off yesterday about supper time,  

lots of traffic today, but not a busy as other shows

and a few idjits that cannot fill out a 4473 correctly
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I enjoy the over priced ticket.
View Quote

OMFG, $34 for my nephew and me!!!  Parking was a breeze (Sat at 1100), not overly crowded.  I was amazed at the diversity of the crowd and THE DEALERS!!!  It's been years and years since I've been to Dulles, the last time I went, seeing any black folks would have been a "Oh look, black folks!" moment but they, Latinos, and RoPer-looking folk were everywhere!

Didn't get jack shit, though.  Prices on everything I saw were just ridiculous.  But folks were snatching it all up.  I saw one dealer with a looong table, where one side was all guns, the other side was all computers and customers filling out paperwork.

I saw no VSP presence on Sat, not even at the entry points.

Man, $4 for a very small large soda and $5 for a bland sweated hotdog on a soggy bun.  Or maybe it was vice versa.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#33]
that snack bar is good for a cold drink when needed,  and sometimes a hot tea in the morning,  otherwise I send a helper out to grab food at one of the nearb places, (the Bento House is pretty good)

we do each and every date at this show and this show was about typical for the June shows,

she used to not have one in June but got a bit greedy  I guess,

think about the date,,  High Schools are letting our or have just let out,
it was Fathers day
beautiful weather
lots of other stuff going on in the area, (which is typical for this weekend, )

we had a good show,  made a connection that ended up in a large estate buy Sat Nite after the show,   and sold just under our average,

first 2 guns we tried to sell on Sat was to a guy  that could not comprehend (English was his first language)  how to fill out a 4473, so he self denied himself and was told to go away   and anther  that could not produce any ID with the address he put on the 4473 (after I asked him if the address on his license was correct,  he put another address on the form,,,  wtf people,,,,)

re the Diversity,    this show has been a big diversity show for a few years, lots of folks from damn near every where,  some are tourist and or looky loo's,
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#34]
48hour countdown begins.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Back already?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
48hour countdown begins.  
View Quote

They must already be on the road, headed this way.  I can smell jerky-flavored pickles.  

Taser SNAP SNAP SNAP
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I need sling mounts.  I might go just to over pay and get out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#38]
loading the van with weapons tonight

will be there in the AM to set up

and sweat,   it's gonna be a hot hot setup ,    gotta remember to pack my box fan
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#39]
How'd the SHOW go today?

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:01:52 AM EDT
[#40]
"Best Day Ever"

I skipped the last show, and I had a simi shitty week. Was looking to get to the show to just do some walking around and looking. Got there about 5:20. Parking looked pretty full but there were some open spaces if you looked yet I still saw people spot stalking people leaving. Walked right in.

I was inside for about 5 minutes when I walked by some guy that just made me laugh. The way he was dressed/looked just flat out made me laugh. Sorry, he could be a member here and I have no need to openly make fun of somebody that did nothing to me. A few feet past him saw some guy wearing a shirt that said best day ever. Nothing about this guy nor his shirt was funny, but for some reason after seeing the first guy, and then the second guy's shirt....well i was just in a great mood. I walked around the entire show with a shit eating grin on my face.

Seemed like a lot of people were buying ammo. I only spot checked a couple of dealers for bulk .223 and 9mm. The prices seemed like about what I have been seeing online. Nothing exciting to me. Saw a guy with some powder and primers. I swear the price was $100 per 100 primers. WTF?? Maybe I misread the price. Seemed like people were buying guns but hard to tell how fast. Some of the dealers I walked by I noted large sections of their tables were lacking people even looking. Noticed this at a couple of the bigger dealers. Gun prices were all over the place. Saw some items that had good prices while others seemed to be overpriced. A couple of dealers that usually have good prices seemed like they were overpriced.

I did pick up one or two items that I have been thinking about buying over the last couple of years. The one item was a pretty good price. The second was nothing to write home about but was at least a fair price. Was only going to get one but F' it, walked out with both.

Was hoping to find a Springfield SA-35. Did not see a signal one in the entire show.

Best Day Ever!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I was there from about 4:30 - 7:00.  Attendance looked light.  I found decent parking out near the side of Walmart, past were all the show trailers and trucks usually park.  No line at all, which was good in this heat.  Lots of people waiting in line to fill out 4473s, etc, at the larger vendor's.  I think some of the ammo prices are way to high at these shows, especially .22LR.  I bought some CCI Quiets at Cabela's recently that were way cheaper than at the show.  Like $7 vs $11.  $335 for 1000 rounds of 9mm from one vendor I noticed, so that was not too bad.

I did find a few things I wanted to pick up that I was able to actually look at before deciding online, and got them at a good cash price.  Cash is king.  A lot of people have not figured this out.  I overheard one guy buying a couple hundred dollar item at one vendor and was shocked at the sales tax added onto the item he was prices shopping for.  

Optics are what I usually shop for, since I get to look thru a lot of stuff before I decide what to buy, either at that show or a future one.

The ATF booth on the side near the pickles was interesting.  Nobody talking to them.  Booth selling solvent traps in the same room.  Interesting.

I like going by the Gun Bunny Outfitters booth for the gal in the leather pants and bustier!  What a marketing idea.  But I have no idea what they are selling...
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Heading to the Expo after some errands this morning.

Haven't been there in a few years.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I decided to go this afternoon. Got there around 1300 and happened on a spot just as I got into the parking lot. Didn't seem really horrible parking wise, but I haven't been to this show in over a decade.

Ton of booths selling those Chinese Osprey scopes, binos, etc. Didn't see much name brand wise besides one or two tables with some Primary Arms and Holosun sights. Was nice as I got to fool with PA's 1x prism sights to see what they were actually like. There was still a decent amount of ammo, didn't really look at prices since I wasn't looking to buy. Tables had most of the expected fare of Glocks, S&Ws, etc. Lots of tables specifically selling 80% P80s. Only heard one table with tasers but there were at least 2 jerky booths and 2 pickle booths. Body armor table in the back wall in the larger hall had a blonde punk girl wearing a slick plate carrier, short skirt, and some knee high stripper boots. Nice change of pace compared to other 90% of folks at the show. There was one table with bins full of used/new Safariland holsters. I didn't see the prices, but they had several of the multicam cordura ones for G17s.

I ended up buying a laser etched PMAG for my girlfriend and a Kore belt for myself. Almost picked up a TLR-1H in tan, but I didn't need to spend the money.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I was there yesterday and today. I think I did pretty good.

9mm Blazer Brass and Fiocchi at $0.30/round ($15/box of 50).

I found an older Mossberg 500 that was well used but fully functional for $150 out-the-door. A little TLC and I will have another HD gun to stash someplace.

Cheap “range grade” 00 Buck for $0.50/round

I’m looking at a Beretta 1301T for ~$1500.

I took home a used hatchet for $10. Not sure what make but it looks old and solid.

Friday there was a bit of excitement. VSP and Fairfax County Police had a guy cornered. He made a run for it. Cops chased him out of the building and into the parking lot.  He made it to his car but as soon as he started the engine, cops drew weapons on him (he was in a deadly weapon at that point). He surrendered.

Someone told me that the guy had an outstanding felony warrant against him. I am not sure how the cops knew he was there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#45]
No long lines in front early today.

Was it less crowded, or did it just
seem that way due to E-tickets?  

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No long lines in front early today.

Was it less crowded, or did it just
seem that way due to E-tickets?  

View Quote

It’s a typical slow July show.

but gun shows are a dying business model.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#47]
from the dealer side,,,

decent crowd,   and they were spending,

we had a great day today from 10a to about 4,  

had one guy,  with his buddy

points to a rack with K98 Mausers , looks at me and says 'are those 303 british'

me,  nope,   but these ( pointing to one on the table,) are starting here,

ok,,   can my buddy look at one of the Garands,

sure,  which one,

either he says,  pointing to 3 FN 49's.................

sure,   the garands are over here,  

same guy points to a  single six convertible, in a vintage single six box,  and says to his buddy,,, I had a blackhawk 357 just like that,

thankfully he walked away after that,

another guy,  looks at a Rossi 38, one of the vintage J  or even I frame clones,

does that come with a reload,
so I asked what he meant by a reload,

he pointed to a Colt New Frontier in the box with the 22 mag cylinder too,   like that,

sorry sir,  that is an extra cylinder in a different caliber,  not a reload,

there was also a nice young man walking around in a WW2 IJA uniform,

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#48]
For anybody who didn't witness this---You Missed IT..!
.....We got a visit from Massive Headwound Harry......
He came in late Saturday afternoon wearing nothing but a Tyvek chem suit. Mid 60's maybe and very tall.
His head was shaved and he had an open gaping head wound about an inch wide and maybe four inches long running from the top of his forehead up the center of his head.
When I first saw him thought it was an orange mohawk but....Noooooo. That sucker was fresh and looked wet.  He was just walking around looking at stuff like he was just shopping.
Everybody else was looking at him. Saw one girl open her eyes wide, turn around and go the other way.
That dude was buying ammo and magazines.
Heard he made another appearance Sunday.

In other news the State Police appeared to be unusually busy. Apparently one guy ran from them out the front door when his background check came back flagged and locked himself in his car. They talked him out at gunpoint.  

Turkish ammo dealer up near the front has had some very good prices last two shows. Seeing 9mm down to .27/rd.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For anybody who didn't witness this---You Missed IT..!
.....We got a visit from Massive Headwound Harry......
He came in late Saturday afternoon wearing nothing but a Tyvek chem suit. Mid 60's maybe and very tall.
His head was shaved and he had an open gaping head wound about an inch wide and maybe four inches long running from the top of his forehead up the center of his head.
When I first saw him thought it was an orange mohawk but....Noooooo. That sucker was fresh and looked wet.  He was just walking around looking at stuff like he was just shopping.
View Quote

Is this something new? I've not heard of him before.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top