Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2022 10:11:52 PM EDT
Will there be any deals on ammo, fudge & pickles?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I go for all the exotic smells.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By murderface01:
View Quote

I do wish that some of the folks that come to the show would bathe more often,

and some need to realize that just a dab will do on the cologne,,,,

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I enjoy the over priced ticket.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

the first show after the great exodus of Afghan refugees,   one dealer I know swore the area behind his tables was a place someone placed a honey pot,
or just pissed on the floor,

the building was supposedly scrubbed , disinfected etc etc, but his table area had a funk, and he is a clean guy
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
My kid and I hit the last one to get some ideas for a 10/22 build. We actually left with a Vortex scope, then ordered a bunch of parts from the parking lot.

Having 1/2 the vendors trying to tell me why there overpriced stuff was overpriced didn't make it fun. I would rather hit the range...
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I enjoy gun shows. Good deals still to be had if you look hard enough and are willing to talk to people like a Human being.

Last Dulles show, I walked out with 600 rounds of new production, brass-cased, 9x19mm for $0.29/round. I’m not saying you will find that this weekend but take your time, talk to people and enjoy American freedom.

Make sure to stop by one of the VCDL tables and join or renew. If you join/renew OUTSIDE, you can SKIP THE LINE and get into the show for FREE!
(but you should join regardless because VCDL does a lot to fight for YOUR Rights)

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
There used to be a guy with a table selling cz rifles, anyone know if he’s still around? Looking for a 457.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Going to head over there in a little while.  It's good entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
the warm weather we are having means the dress code now in summer mode

so that makes people watching kinda interesting,

so far I have only seen a couple of 'wtf were they thinking' or  otherwise know as 'walmartian outfits'
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By rlc:
the warm weather we are having means the dress code now in summer mode

so that makes people watching kinda interesting,

so far I have only seen a couple of 'wtf were they thinking' or  otherwise know as 'walmartian outfits'
View Quote

Well, it shares a parking lot with Walmart, so...
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

That's right.
At one end, in the large building you have the hot chocolate covered peanuts.
At the other end, in the smaller building you have the urine soaked homeless guy shopping for t-shirts, ...at least he was there yesterday.
Will see what exotics happen today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, which one of you guys parked on the street?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#14]
This scene from “Deal Of The Century” always reminds me of gun shows

Chevy chace Deal of yhe century
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#15]
They call it the fun show for a reason, and as fun as it may be, we should remember these vendors are providing a valuable service for us.  The fee to get in is higher than it needs to be, but it keeps the crowds more manageable and the vendors know if people are paying to come in they are coming to buy.  The people are the market and they drive the prices. people don't buy prices go down, people buy and prices go up.

Now, as soon as my parachute pants and beater or done drying, I'll be heading to the fun show :)  Have a great day everyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:55:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rumsonv2] [#16]
Originally Posted By clamhop:
They call it the fun show for a reason, and as fun as it may be, we should remember these vendors are providing a valuable service for us.  The fee to get in is higher than it needs to be, but it keeps the crowds more manageable and the vendors know if people are paying to come in they are coming to buy.  The people are the market and they drive the prices. people don't buy prices go down, people buy and prices go up.

Now, as soon as my parachute pants and beater or done drying, I'll be heading to the fun show :)  Have a great day everyone.
View Quote

Do you go with a summer white, or fall black beater?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Missed it due to work... again.

It's all so tiresome.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Thought about it, but have not been tempted by anything in the last 2 or 3 shows, so went shooting instead.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
There used to be a guy with a table selling cz rifles, anyone know if he’s still around? Looking for a 457.
View Quote

I believe that was Damascus Gun Shop out of Damascus Virginia.  I believe they're out of business.  I used to buy CZ pistols from them .
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the VSP still meddling in private transactions for free at gun shows?

And do they just run the buyer’s info through the background check system or do they record the firearm’s serial number and that sort of stuff as well?

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I used them a couple shows ago. All things considered, it was the least painful route for a private party sale
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like freedom continues to spiral downward:

https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_451
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Showmaster’s still shows a gun show at the Expo center June 17-19.

https://www.showmastersgunshows.com/
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Site is working now
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Gotterdammerung:

Site is working now
View Quote

Good to know.  Thanks.

Really bizarre that it was throwing a 451 error.  That usually means government takedown.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I drove by today, Friday, at 3pm.
The parking lot was completely full.
It probably will be crazy busy this weekend with all the threats about gun control.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I would be interested to know what ammo prices are like at the show.  .223, 7.62 and the other usual suspects.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I got there around 5, got parking in the closest lot with several spaces open.  Not crowded at all.  I was there until about 7.  I did see some ammo prices lower than last time, but I can't remember exactly the price.  I know I have been seeing $360 per case of 9mm at recent shows, and I just know it was less than that.  There was some ammo there made by some oddball country that looked shiny at least, and was cheap.  The guy had a booth full of that brand of ammo.  Fun to walk around and look.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JBT:
I drove by today, Friday, at 3pm.
The parking lot was completely full.
It probably will be crazy busy this weekend with all the threats about gun control.
View Quote

died off yesterday about supper time,  

lots of traffic today, but not a busy as other shows

and a few idjits that cannot fill out a 4473 correctly
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 3:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiempos_Peligrosos] [#32]
Originally Posted By Rumsonv2:
I enjoy the over priced ticket.
View Quote

OMFG, $34 for my nephew and me!!!  Parking was a breeze (Sat at 1100), not overly crowded.  I was amazed at the diversity of the crowd and THE DEALERS!!!  It's been years and years since I've been to Dulles, the last time I went, seeing any black folks would have been a "Oh look, black folks!" moment but they, Latinos, and RoPer-looking folk were everywhere!

Didn't get jack shit, though.  Prices on everything I saw were just ridiculous.  But folks were snatching it all up.  I saw one dealer with a looong table, where one side was all guns, the other side was all computers and customers filling out paperwork.

I saw no VSP presence on Sat, not even at the entry points.

Man, $4 for a very small large soda and $5 for a bland sweated hotdog on a soggy bun.  Or maybe it was vice versa.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#33]
that snack bar is good for a cold drink when needed,  and sometimes a hot tea in the morning,  otherwise I send a helper out to grab food at one of the nearb places, (the Bento House is pretty good)

we do each and every date at this show and this show was about typical for the June shows,

she used to not have one in June but got a bit greedy  I guess,

think about the date,,  High Schools are letting our or have just let out,
it was Fathers day
beautiful weather
lots of other stuff going on in the area, (which is typical for this weekend, )

we had a good show,  made a connection that ended up in a large estate buy Sat Nite after the show,   and sold just under our average,

first 2 guns we tried to sell on Sat was to a guy  that could not comprehend (English was his first language)  how to fill out a 4473, so he self denied himself and was told to go away   and anther  that could not produce any ID with the address he put on the 4473 (after I asked him if the address on his license was correct,  he put another address on the form,,,  wtf people,,,,)

re the Diversity,    this show has been a big diversity show for a few years, lots of folks from damn near every where,  some are tourist and or looky loo's,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top