Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2023 8:49:18 AM EDT
Who's going this weekend?

I don't know where the bill is at but I believe there's one going through the process which bans firearm sales on state property. Could potentially be the last one?

Im sure there will be a huge turn out as always.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll swing by at some point. Curious to see how ammo sales go. Pistol permit people will be there again .

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The pistol liscense Deputy being there is one of the best things they've done
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I plan to go tomorrow.  Couple small items I'll be on the lookout for, for a friend.  Other than that, I'll just be browsing looking for deals ...
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a decent but not screaming deal on a Winchester M1917. The coffee is worse then ever in the cafe and a guy tried to sell me a painting by Adolf Hitler. Typical show.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I miss the guys that sold and installed adjustable or night sights right there at the show.  I've got a couple guns that I'd like to put night sights on but don't want to be bothered doing it myself lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a decent but not screaming deal on a Winchester M1917. The coffee is worse then ever in the cafe and a guy tried to sell me a painting by Adolf Hitler. Typical show.
View Quote

I saw that in GD, looked like a nice m1917.  Any cartouche stamps left?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice, I bought an eddystone 1917 this year, still need to get out and shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at you terrorists buying actual weapons of war.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I saw that in GD, looked like a nice m1917.  Any cartouche stamps left?
View Quote

It has the original Winchester W mark. No rebuild cartouches.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nice, I bought an eddystone 1917 this year, still need to get out and shoot it.
View Quote

They are one of my favorite milsurp bolt actions to shoot.  Ugly but I love them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Look at you terrorists buying actual weapons of war.
View Quote
I just went there to see the lady selling flavored pickles
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Rifle looks like a beaut @acder
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rifle looks like a beaut @acder
View Quote

Thanks. I was happy to get an original barrel with  really nice bore.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m fond of WWII era rifles and have an 03A3 and a few Garands but have never run across a 1917 that I couldn’t live with out. My uncle sporterized an Eddystone in the late 70’s that he hunted with for many years (into the mid 90’s) and often told us that in that day you could find them by the barrel at the local hardware store.

What a time to be alive
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m fond of WWII era rifles and have an 03A3 and a few Garands but have never run across a 1917 that I couldn’t live with out. My uncle sporterized an Eddystone in the late 70’s that he hunted with for many years (into the mid 90’s) and often told us that in that day you could find them by the barrel at the local hardware store.

What a time to be alive
View Quote

I have a sporterized Remington that my Dad purchased by mail back in the late 50's.  I have taken a couple of deer with it in his memory.  I kinda wish he had left it intact but I recall him saying it only cost him like $30 to buy it.  They are good shooters.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What a time to be alive
View Quote

I walked into my local gun shop on my way to college  one day and he had a barreled action Winchester m1917, some lady had brought it in after her father died.  It was a WWII rebuild that had no indication of ever being fired.  For 50 bucks I thought it would be a fun project and basically re-re-built it.  I got an unissued stock set from  Numerich in West Hurley and slowly accumulated the rest of the parts from Springfield Sporters etc.  SS had unissued barrel bands, I found out why they were unissued, they were threaded wrong...  All in all it was a fun project for a college kid.  Final cost was around $ 250 I think in 1995ish dollars.   The real fun though is in how it shoots, it shoots exceptionally well and I'll never sell it.

The thing that bugs me is where all the other parts ended up?  The old man who had owned it had intended to sporterize it when he took it all apart.  They probably ended up at a yard sale or are still in someone's garage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Was it just me, or were there a lot more actual guns at this show?  I mean, you still had the regular vendors of other stuff, but I just seemed like there were more firearms than usual, I was pleasantly surprised.  No real deals though that I saw in what I was looking for (henry 22 lever or marlin 336).  The bulk ammo guys in the rear part had good prices on bulk 9mm and 5.56.  My kid was disappointed that the rubber band gun guy wasn't there this time.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The pistol liscense Deputy being there is one of the best things they've done
View Quote
I guess, as long as you're licensed in the county they're from.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top