Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2021 2:03:54 PM EDT
Thread from GD

I saw this posted on GD and thought it was interesting, any Oneida county members know any inside scoop?

Attachment Attached File

Ambulance service uniform was modeled after

Seriously COCVAC is acronym they use?

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just that it isn’t the current uniform used.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Potential-terrorist-apprehended-wearing-Oneida-County-ambulance-corps-jacket-no-ties-to-local-agency-chief-says-575949571.html

The initial tweet did seem to have a lot of information, but they bring more attention to it by deleting it now. Do they not know how the Internet works?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just that it isn't the current uniform used.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Potential-terrorist-apprehended-wearing-Oneida-County-ambulance-corps-jacket-no-ties-to-local-agency-chief-says-575949571.html

The initial tweet did seem to have a lot of information, but they bring more attention to it by deleting it now. Do they not know how the Internet works?
View Quote
People don't think the Streisand Effect be like it is, but it do.

Interestingly I was reading through the comment section of that article and someone said Utica has a large Yemeni population? I was not aware.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup all SM now scrubbed.  Wonder why.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Stuff like this is why a lot of places won't trade patches anymore. It used to be people would just collect them. Then people started slapping them on jackets and uniform shirts trying to pass as cops, firemen etc
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stuff like this is why a lot of places won't trade patches anymore. It used to be people would just collect them. Then people started slapping them on jackets and uniform shirts trying to pass as cops, firemen etc
View Quote
I could see how that could be a concern, I once saw one of my Security Department's old patches for sale on eBay and was like " who wants one of those?"

I wish I had kept them, I cut them off my uniform shirts with a seam ripper and burned them before I donated the shirts to a local church, they were just Blauer uniform shirts and I had a ton. I've attended a few retirement parties and people usually give them to the retiree framed in a shadow box. We're running low on the OG ones, they changed designs to a horrid royalty free LAPD S.W.A.T-ish knockoff one now .
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
There were a couple guys arrested for trying to send NOD to middle east in Utica not long ago. Utica is a refugee melting pot, now w/ Afghanis
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There were a couple guys arrested for trying to send NOD to middle east in Utica not long ago. Utica is a refugee melting pot, now w/ Afghanis
View Quote
Oof, whats the going rate on a ITAR violation? Or does ITAR not apply to anyone other than manufacturers and retailers?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn I hadn’t seen that. I’d love some NODs and I’d even drive into Utica to get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top