Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2022 7:44:26 AM EDT
Yeah, I was wondering just how long they would stay closed.  They prevented Unionization and came back with a full Woke agenda on their new web page PLUS they are charging 18% extra on every tab.  Read all about it on their website.

I may be done with Surly now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If they were intellectually honest and cared sooooo much they would do the right thing and pay for it up front and not make a big deal over it but they choose to virtue signal and put the cost to the customer visibly a feel-good measure, I am thinking there is less disposable income now a lot of people can live without a pretentious beer don't think it will end well but it's their brewery and the people will decide.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The militant pro-union woke fucks are still trying to cancel Surly for their "union busting." I've met Omar and he's good people. Their beer hall and backyard is among best I've seen in the Cities. For these reasons, I will continue to support as able. At least they never went vaccine-required like Fair State and Modist. Fuck those places forever and ever.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck all that.  I've only been there once, but if I go back I guess I'll just be adding a 0% tip to my bill.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
While I bet Surly has some bs woke stuff too, this does replace tipping: https://surlybrewing.com/the-service-charge/

"Here at Surly, we’ve joined many local and independent restaurants in replacing tipping–a practice that goes 100% to your server–with an 18% surcharge that supports higher and more equitable wages for all team members, removing tips as a necessity for earning a comfortable income. It also allows us to provide a wide range of benefits to our full-time employees. Those benefits include:"

Ps surly beer doesn't taste that good anyhow
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't they put out a beer thanking obama or am I thinking of a different place?

Either way, I've only had one or two Surly's I considered good.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't they put out a beer thanking obama or am I thinking of a different place?
View Quote

Shit, you're right.

Cancel them!
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#9]
not a huge fan anyways. Only beer from them I like is the Coffee Bender. They are very very overpriced.  "replacing tipping–a practice that goes 100% to your server–with an 18% surcharge that supports higher and more equitable wages for all"  At least they are not saying they are adding a service charge and that IT IS NOT A TIP like a lot of placed in Duluth are doing now. If you are charging me a service fee, then as far as I am concerned that is the only tip you're getting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#10]
They have a page--which I can't find at the moment--that talks about them directly financially supporting various Woke causes like BLM plus all their other woke beer specialties (Obama, LGBTQAMGM, etc).
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have to go there once in a while for business meetings.  It's one of those places the wife and  I refer to as "fru-fru".  You can't get a simple this or simple that to eat.  it's all jazzed up food with tonnes of shit on it that only food critics like in reviews and people only eat to prove something to others.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They have a page--which I can't find at the moment--that talks about them directly financially supporting various Woke causes like BLM plus all their other woke beer specialties (Obama, LGBTQAMGM, etc).
View Quote

yea, that's pretty much every brewery in MN unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm probably wrong, but Schell's seems to keep politics out of their beer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have not noticed overt politics from schells or any at all, they just make good beer period that's all I need.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Surly absolutely SUCKS. Yuppie sludge
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Surly absolutely SUCKS. Yuppie sludge
View Quote

No, not really.

What’s your favorite beer?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Summit Saga is the real deal and Klockow  Travelin’ Jack. Indeed Day Tripper solid.  Surly sucks ass!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Summit Saga is the real deal and Klockow  Travelin’ Jack. Indeed Day Tripper solid.  Surly sucks ass!!
View Quote

Those are some good beers (haven't had Klockow, but it sounds legit), so I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it. My good buddy drinks more Saga than anyone I know.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Natural light
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Those are some good beers (haven't had Klockow, but it sounds legit), so I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it. My good buddy drinks more Saga than anyone I know.

View Quote

Not certain of Klockow distribution, however if you are in the vicinity of Grand Rapids area over the summer months a stop at the brewery of pick up from off sale is in order. Travlin' Jack is a good one.
He's a man of good taste sir!
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#22]
There so many better craft beers than Surly.

Company event at their place was "ok" but food was a step down from 2019.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly true, I am afraid.

But then, most IPAs around town are just "burnt toast and hairspray" from a tap.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But then, most IPAs around town are just "burnt toast and hairspray" from a tap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I always assume I will be around that kind of crowd anytime I go to a brewery. I just keep to myself when I go to them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#25]
cant support this, bye.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Schells Bock is one of my go to beers.

They do a Bock Fest at the brewery every spring. Bonfires, live music, food.
Its a good time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not noticed overt politics from schells or any at all, they just make good beer period that's all I need.

Schells Bock is one of my go to beers.

They do a Bock Fest at the brewery every spring. Bonfires, live music, food.
Its a good time.

Schell's is #1, no doubt. Pretty much all I buy. Good, honest quality beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top