Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2021 12:51:58 PM EDT
Howdy all - I was curious if there was anyone reputable in town that could install a surefire war comp while I waited? The comp takes shims as opposed to a washer so that I can be indexed correctly.  Any referall a would be greatly appreciated!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]

If only I had the tools!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If only I had the tools!
View Quote

You don’t have a wrench ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
If all you are looking for is a gunsmith to spin and tighten the flash hider on there are a bunch in town competent to handle the job.

That said I am not 100% sure who all takes walk ins like you are requesting.

I would personally call and ask Capitol Armory, Elite Guns, and Guns Warehouse and see if this is something that can handle in their shop while you wait.  Pretty sure all of them have a small gunsmith shop setup in back and may be able to thread it on and tighten it down and time it for you using the provided shims.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Exactly. A crescent wrench will do it.
View Quote

Maybe OP thinks he needs a vice for this?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. A crescent wrench will do it.

All you need is a table, a receiver clamp (can get at Academy) and some C-clamps. That’ll get the job done. You’ll spend on tools what a smith will charge you to install it.

Just do it yourself OP.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All you need is a table, a receiver clamp (can get at Academy) and some C-clamps. That’ll get the job done. You’ll spend on tools what a smith will charge you to install it.

Just do it yourself OP.
View Quote

You don’t even need that.  A reaction rod and vice would make it easier to do but wrench and maybe a strap wrench is all you really need.  I have done it with and without.  Shim it using the guide in the package and set it with the rocksett that is supplied with it and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Its really quite easy to do yourself, I installed my Surefire 3-Prong device myself, easy peasy...

But if you really want a smith to do it, the guys at Scheels can do it walk in...its been quiet during the day, and the smiths leave at 5:30, so if you brought it in in the morning to early afternoon it should be able to get done pretty quick...

Lots of guys can do it, but I know our guys should be able to do it walk in while you wait...

Just throwing it out there...
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The fuck is a scheels?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The fuck is a scheels?
View Quote

A big fucking store with a Ferris wheel in it

https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=096

Not sure how it will help the OP as it’s not in Austin
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A big fucking store with a Ferris wheel in it

https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=096

Not sure how it will help the OP as it’s not in Austin
View Quote

Fuck, yeah, you're right, I thought it was DFW...sorry...

But, really, you can do it yourself....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top