Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2020 10:53:28 AM EDT
In the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Supreme Court of Virginia has indefinitely suspended your both United States Constitutionally protected and Virginia Commonwealth's Constitutionally protected right to a speedy jury trial by your peers.

The SCoV has stated that there are concerns with presenting evidence to a jury via video teleconferencing. So for the foreseeable indefinite future, under the Emergency Judicial Order put in place by Governor Northam's State of Emergency for the Commonwealth, the SCoV can suspend jury trials indefinitely for ALL criminal and civil trials.

http://www.vacourts.gov/news/items/covid/2020_0506_scv_order.pdf
See pdf page 5, number 12
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I think pretty soon people are going to catch on that this is anything but public safety. This is authoritarianism in the works all in the name of "public safety." Pretty soon you'll be under arrest for going outside, told to stay indoors, keep your mouth shut, and just do what you're told. If you disobey, you're going to jail. No judge, no jury, nothing. Just thrown in, told to shut up and just do what you're told.

Don't forget this July when they enforce new laws. How you think that's going to play out with no jury, no rights, nothing. Just thrown in jail, told too bad, and that's it.

I think they want people to be out of work. I think people like Ralphie love this kind of control. People are totally at the mercy of the government. They want to completely annihilate the middle class by forcing them to become lower class citizens by cutting off their income source. Told that they will actually print money they don't have to give to you. Tells you that you can't work, you can't do anything. Just stay at home, and obey the government with no questions asked. If anyone says anything, they'll make it out like you're a nut case.

Don't forget property owners too. Right now you cannot evict anyone, even if they refuse to pay. Imagine that, you own a property, told they don't have to pay, the bank forecloses on your property if you owe money, then they resell it again to the lowest bidder to recoup their money. Neighborhoods go under, and the middle class completely disappears.

Personally I think people are going to pick up on it. Just wait until August comes around and this crap is still on going.

Edit: I should also say that COVID-19 is a dangerous thing. I agree. However, it seems to affect people with precondition more so than healthy, normal people. Matter of fact, a large bulk of the infection in Virginia is within nursing homes and places where large amount of people gather such as concerts, etc. Very few, if any, are getting it from doing normal activities such as going to the store, or going to work in an office like setting. People have enough commonsense to take care of themselves, not with government telling them to just remain home, and blindly obey.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.

This entire thing is larger than the gov,media,big business just “responding” to covid.

The sooner people realize it and speak out, the better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dalle0001:Don't forget property owners too. Right now you cannot evict anyone, even if they refuse to pay. Imagine that, you own a property, told they don't have to pay, the bank forecloses on your property if you owe money, then they resell it again to the lowest bidder to recoup their money. Neighborhoods go under, and the middle class completely disappears.
View Quote

The current proposal from the Democrats is to basically stop all debt collections for 90-120 days. That means no evictions, no liens, no repossessions. And the financial sector will crap their pants. Nobody will want to lend if they have no mechanism to collect, and the cash flow to the entire sector would be destroyed.

I will continue to pay my debts (mortgage, car payment) because it is what I signed on for. If I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't have bought it.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By shooter220:

The current proposal from the Democrats is to basically stop all debt collections for 90-120 days. That means no evictions, no liens, no repossessions. 
View Quote

That's pretty much already in effect. None of those things can be heard right now. They can be filed, but not heard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What the actual fuck?  Trial by jury has been a right since Magna Carta.  I think they're a bit outside their authority here.  They need their dicks slapped, hard, by a Federal court.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
What the actual fuck?  Trial by jury has been a right since Magna Carta.  I think they're a bit outside their authority here.  They need their dicks slapped, hard, by a Federal court.
View Quote

1. The SCV’s orders have nothing to do with Northam. It’s a separate branch if government that issued its own orders.

2. LOL at the idea of federal courts in Virginia doing anything about any of this. They’re worse than the state courts here in terms of anything involving rights or checking the actions of liberals.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
What the actual fuck?  Trial by jury has been a right since Magna Carta.  I think they're a bit outside their authority here.  They need their dicks slapped, hard, by a Federal court.
View Quote

They haven't done away with the right to trial by jury. They've pushed off any jury trials. You want a jury trial? you'll get one. It'll just be awhile.

Now the REAL constitutional question is whether doing so violates the constitutional right to speedy trial.

Also, the above poster is correct: this order came from Don Lemons, unanimously co-signed by all the justices of the VASC. It's not from Northam, different branch of gov't.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
everybody quotes the 2nd amendment, nobody knows the 1Oth.........hmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
As I see this "pandemic" play out, I'm convinced the ultimate liberal agenda here is to "rescue" the economy by manufacturing it. I notice a few things here. States with GOP governors are opening up whereas states with democrat governors are keeping tight grips on their citizens.

Their ultimate goal here is to win the November election. Joe Biden is hiding in his basement because he doesn't want to come on camera saying anything good or bad since it is unclear how the liberal plan will play out. It can go either way and if came out saying the opposite, he'll look very foolish. But if everything plays out correct to the liberal's favor, Joe can win a easy election by "rescuing" the economy. I think Trump knows this as well because he's letting the governor's decide on when to open back up putting it on them if things go bad, but he knows it's a risky gamble if he says to open up and the numbers start going up. He's stuck in a difficult position politically.

Imagine this, rental homes are foreclosed on, care facilities are rampant with death and disease, and small businesses are closing left and right they can easily "come to the rescue" since these are easy fixes by throwing money at these people. They're also putting people out of jail and starting to refuse speedy jury trials and also people like AOC is encouraging people to not go back to work. Joe can promise a lot up to his election, and democrat governors can pass a lot more far left laws next year when their government comes back.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By catcatcher1:
everybody quotes the 2nd amendment, nobody knows the 1Oth.........hmmmmmmm
View Quote

Not sure what that has to do with the violation of the 6th Amendment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top