Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2022 9:42:55 AM EDT
...only "fully functioning" firearms. They're onto us.

What really happened at Columbia's gun buy-back.

You should have asked them how the church came to the decision not to accept lowers. Here's a hint: because the Richland County Sheriff's Office coached them, that's why.

Anyway, nice job on the video. The WISTV jackass was obviously not looking for the kind of answers you were giving him (gee, what a shocker).

"Fully functioning" MY ASS. Upon my recommendation a friend turned in a 9mm pistol he blew up at Wateree last fall and got one of the $100 Visa Debit cards for it. I told him to only include one magazine. He's using the money to buy more ammo and I'm going to trade him some ammo for the two magazines he didn't turn in. I'll now have seven mags for my 9mm pistol FTW.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
So did you load up on free food from the vendors while you were there? I would have.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
SP isn’t even in the thread

The GD thread is full of shit posters who think it was idiotic.

I know it was a perfect example of media bias, the stupidity of buy backs and could be used to challenge rulings locally.

GD thinks it was dumb.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
GD doesn't do nuance.  GD can't read either.  

The @SuperPredator video was brilliant.  Here's what they said they'd take vs. what they actually were doing.  What a waste.  And what a waste of taxpayer dollars for the RCSD supporting that sham designed solely for media exposure to fit the media's narrative.  

I suspect some "community organizers" are fishing for big grant dollars.  Fancy offices.  Big titles.  Decent paychecks.  But no guns off the streets and no effect on street gang culture of busting caps in people.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the support, yall.

I didn’t expect to leave with money. It was more about showing people on the fence what these things are really about.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So did you load up on free food from the vendors while you were there? I would have.
View Quote

lol I should have. They paid for it!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GD doesn't do nuance.  GD can't read either.  

The @SuperPredator video was brilliant.  Here's what they said they'd take vs. what they actually were doing.  What a waste.  And what a waste of taxpayer dollars for the RCSD supporting that sham designed solely for media exposure to fit the media's narrative.  

I suspect some "community organizers" are fishing for big grant dollars.  Fancy offices.  Big titles.  Decent paychecks.  But no guns off the streets and no effect on street gang culture of busting caps in people.
View Quote

First thing I thought of as well, it seems to be a pattern with a lot of, shall we say, church people.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn’t expect to leave with money. It was more about showing people on the fence what these things are really about.
View Quote

I think you did a good job calling out their bs on the news while sounding calm and rational.  Well done, sir.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

just shows the real intent...thanks for doin that!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great job!

Did the news air your clip?  Or did they bury it online somewhere
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Great job!

Did the news air your clip?  Or did they bury it online somewhere
View Quote

Editing room floor.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
This morning I met up with the person who turned in a beyond-repair Gen 1 M&P9.

We got to talking about his "exit interview" with a WISTV reporter. Accordig to what he told me the said reporter showed not a shred of unbiased professionalism as he asked leading questions with a fixed narrative in mind:

"Did you turn in your gun today to help the fight against GUN VIOLENCE? Do you think turning in a gun will help prevent crime?"

What a fag.

He said no, it was to get $100 for a gun that was broken and could not be repaired. He also said he saw the pile of guns that were turned in and most of them appeared to be rusted FUDD guns although he lamented that there was the distinct possibility that there may have been some really nice antiques among the drek.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]
about 12 years ago, several FFL dealers in WNY went to a gun buy back program in Buffalo NY and set up outside the "buy back" zone and had a sign that said cash for guns... NY took no time at all saying that was illegal. but they could not explain themselves...  gun buy backs are a feel good measure that get 0 results in the real world... why not take in your grandfathers broken Sears 12 ga for beer money?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Private buyers recently had a better time in "not New York" ...

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/private-purchasers-clean-up-at-fort-worth-gun-buyback
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
So, the government is using money that was once mine in which they took without my say, to buy my property? We allow this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top