Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2020 6:35:57 PM EDT
New to Florida.
Trying to figure out which pass to get and I do need your advice. I see there is Pinellas Bayway pass available. I live in St Pete. Do I need this pass or I am better of with regular SunPass?
Thank you

My regular routs are unknown yet but let’s say to travel to Florida keys and maybe Orlando. Work commute around Tampa area. Fishing Skyway bridge, Fort de Soto and Gandy bridge
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Go into walgreens or cvs and get the decal style sunpass that sticks on the windshield. It's cheaper than the portable one and works everywhere in the state.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an E-Pass (Central Florida Expressway) that's good for all tolls in Florida.  E-Pass reads the Transponder, SunPass reads your plate then checks the E-Pass database to bill your account.  If your account is not up-to-date, you get a bill in the mail for SunPass toll booths.

They have a new pass called E-Pass Xtra that is good in 18 states.  I'm looking at converting my E-Pass to that type transponder just in case I need to travel north.

Here's E-Pass FAQ that explains the differences between E-Pass/SunPass and how they interact with each other.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all!
I got Epass xtra. Covers everything I need
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sunpass. Never a problem in central FL where all those epass & whatever else they choose to call them are. Had it since it's start of use.  I still have the original one with the read out of the toll & account balance.  Though it doesn't work now.  They forced me to buy a newer one years back as it's no longer supported.
sticks on the windshield
View Quote
Yeah hope you never have to take it off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
We finally got the sunpass.  I got real tired of having to stop at every booth and hand someone cash.  Time saver on the longer drives just buzzing though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sunpass. Never a problem in central FL where all those epass & whatever else they choose to call them are. Had it since it's start of use.  I still have the original one with the read out of the toll & account balance.  Though it doesn't work now.  They forced me to buy a newer one years back as it's no longer supported.

Yeah hope you never have to take it off.  
View Quote
You can buy four of the mini sunpass (stick on) for the price of 1 portable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not about the $
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
SunPass is also good in a few other states.  Get the one you can move from one vehicle to another

Edit cause pass has 2 ss
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#10]
One of my vehicles has the sticker, the other uses a removable thingy, because I often rent vehicles and can use that one on any vehicle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top