Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2021 10:47:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sunpass and epass are different entities. It will take a couple days for the tolls to hit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Used it since it's inception. Only problem I had was the 1st gen responder stopped deducting the $ out of my account after about 10 years.  They forced me to buy a new version on my cost.  I made sure to go to the sunpass office & complain to some manager. Also wrote a letter.
But tolls were always correct. They have gotten a little slow to update over the last few years
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I've found the best way to get around Toll By Plate cameras is to drive with your tailgate down.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used it since it's inception. Only problem I had was the 1st gen responder stopped deducting the $ out of my account after about 10 years.  They forced me to buy a new version on my cost.  I made sure to go to the sunpass office & complain to some manager. Also wrote a letter.
But tolls were always correct. They have gotten a little slow to update over the last few years
View Quote
I remember that. I had the second gen box with the light but no display. One was less than two years old. I let let manually enter the tolls for a year on man three cars. I would get nasty grams when the battery was low or to update the box. After a year or they sent me replacement boxes.

I hear ya OP my son is out in CO and the toll system is a total cluster. I have bills from Aug that I have payment receipts for and they still keep sending me notices.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
In Florida, as long as you have your license plate attached to your Sunpass, even if the Sunpass isn't read, they will deduct the funds from your Sunpass acount.

I found this out when my Sunpass broke and I didn't notice for a while because they kept deducting the tolls as usual.

Seems that if they don't detect a Sunpass, they read the plate and either deduct from your Sunpass if you have your plate linked or they send you a toll by plate in the mail.

A long time ago I had the very first Sunpass that used a battery and when the battery died and they went to reading your plate they would send you a letter to change your battery.  At some point they stopped using those old transponders and they sent me a replacement one (the one that just died).

The only reason I figured out it was broken was because I took a trip last week on the Turnpike to HHN and didn't see any of the toll booths say "Go Sunpass" on the display like they used to.

What's interesting is I got a Sunpass Pro now and it also didn't say "Go Sunpass" but maybe it was because that was the same day I bought it.  I saw the charges appear a few days later on my Sunpass account.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#9]
There are multiple “-pass” systems at work here, and multiple agencies (Turnpike, Central FL Expressway, etc). They are all compatible, but can take a day or two to process.

Just don’t do what my wife always does…wait for the last minute to fill your account.

She will literally run till empty, and add funds as she’s backing out of the driveway. Problem is, those funds can also take a day or two to hit your account. In the mean time, you get billed the Pay-by-Plate charges, which can be double the Sunpass/E-pass.

Not going to bankrupt you, but annoying, as you have to pay that separately. It won’t “auto-deduct” after the funds are added.

I tell her to just put $50 on the account, and top it off with another $20-25 monthly so we never have to worry, but she’s stubborn. (I drive a company truck, so don’t have to worry about it…she’s in charge of keeping up with her car.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top