Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2018 8:27:54 AM EDT
I've been looking for property in the WV Panhandle and saw that in Summit Point, there is a very large raceway as well as a shooting range facility on site (the combination of which brought a tear to my eye; we would never have such copious amounts of freedom in the Democratic People's Republic of Connecticut).  Do anyone know if these range facilities are open to the public or just for classes?

https://www.bsr-inc.com/firearm-training/
http://summitpoint-raceway.com/
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The range is not open to the public.  BSR does have classes there.  There might still be a group that uses the range once a month, but I can't recall who they are right now.  This year, they put up signs at the entrances that firearms are not permitted within their facilities (unless you are there specifically for training with firearms).
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 1:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
BSR: You're going to have to get hired by a certain small Fed agency...  for now.  Who knows what will happen in a few years when they move.

Track:  you can see their schedule, lots of group events and open Fridays from what I understand.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Took a class out there years ago from an outfit called OnTarget, doubt they are still in operation. IIRC the owner passed away a few years ago.

Nice place though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Summit Point just announced that they were bought by Xator...  Looks like they're planning on a big contract once DS moves out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have shot there.   It is a closed range and was for pre deployment to Iraq with certain fed agency as stated by someone else here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty Fun place.  Iinstructors were a little pushy on their training.
They seemed in more of a competition with their fellow
Instructors than helping students.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top