Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2022 10:07:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm having a 40x50 shop built right now, so my summer will be spent finishing some parts of it, and moving stuff from the garage into the shop.

I wish I had time for a class that was close and interested me.

Probably more work on the homestead than I really want to do, but that's the way that it is.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that I no longer work weekends I am going to try and spend every weekend I can at the cabin. Always some kind of project to do or ride 4 wheelers and play golf on our 9 hole mountain meadow chip and put course
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope to get out and explore more of the island mountain ranges and other parts of central and eastern MT. Just got back from the Terry Badlands and Theodore Roosevelt Badlands in ND. Great trip. Tons of wildlife. Have a VCQB class in UT next month.

My wife just added another job slinging beer at a brewery. As if she needed more to do. That is gonna kill going anywhere every other weekend. Also looking to start a business that my wife can operate now but that we can both run once I retire in a few years. All this will help with our goals to become debt free (only $14k to go ) and to stack a pile of liquid cash to take advantage of things if/when the wheels come off.

Outside of that, we have a ton of plants in the ground and more just waiting to go in once the weather gets warmer. Need to get out and look for morels in last years burn scars. Checked the local wild asparagus patch last week but nothing is up just yet. Would really like to build a greenhouse and also get a small hydroponic system going in the basement before fall hits as well. Oh, and I need to rent an excavator and improve my backyard pistol range. Lots to do!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Too poor to go to my aunts funeral in MT and my neices high school graduation.

I shall return someday for a visit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got 10 acres down in the Bitterroot Valley with more or less nothing on it. I got a big fifth wheel, a CAT backhoe, some Stihl chainsaws, and a bunch of work to do.

Fun plans? I'm just hoping people will come visit us as I won't be doing anything but working on the property for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife is expecting a child end of July, and with gas prices I don't expect to be getting out a whole lot this summer
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got 10 acres down in the Bitterroot Valley with more or less nothing on it. I got a big fifth wheel, a CAT backhoe, some Stihl chainsaws, and a bunch of work to do.

Fun plans? I'm just hoping people will come visit us as I won't be doing anything but working on the property for the foreseeable future.
View Quote
I remember you posting about this, and I'm glad that it's coming to fruition.  Do you have your whole family in the 5th wheel?  I am not that much of a glutton for punishment.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember you posting about this, and I'm glad that it's coming to fruition.  Do you have your whole family in the 5th wheel?  I am not that much of a glutton for punishment.
View Quote

We still have a little over 3 weeks left in the house we're renting. But for the last month we've been staying at the property about 3 nights a week. There are 5 of us wife, 6 year old daughter, 3 year old daughter, and 1 year old son. We got a toyhauler to act as their playroom and homeschool class room. And we're hoping our family and friends will come use that trailer during the summer months. It's cramped for now....the effing toys . On the lookout for a 2nd fifthwheel that will be our home, and I'm sure we'll still be cramped.

And yes I am somewhat of a glutton for punishment

Backhoe just got delivered a couple weeks ago. Shipping container is showing up day after Memorial day. And I still need to squeeze in some time to prep our place for sale in Spokane.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know what your exact plans are, but when we owned some land in Idaho, we had some neighbors who moved up there in a 5th wheel.  They built a pole barn around it, two stories high, and then kicked a shed roof off of each side.  Over time they worked on finishing it into a house.  They said that all they had left was to raise the garage door, pull the 5th wheel out, and then frame up the garage door opening.  When I knew them, all they used the 5th wheel for was for their bedroom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top