Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2021 8:59:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I was quite surprised at the Republican sweep here in Nassau, though the jury is still out on Curran being replaced since there are many ballots outstanding. The county has been more and more blue over the years, excluding TOB, so it was a bit of a shock. I did vote for Curran because I was really PO'd at Blakeman's false advertising. Taxes are high because people voted for high school taxes and we have a county government that rubber stamps the union salary demands. Blaming in on reassessment was a red herring. The only people who really got socked by it were those that challenged their assessments year after year after year. Reassessment put everything back in balance. Now they want to go and break the system yet again. Blakeman said he would cut taxes. Really? What costs are you going to cut to offset those tax cuts? I know the answer.

As for Suffolk, I work in Babylon Village so pay some attention to the politics in the county. I would say I was surprised too. The east end is definitely more Republican (they keep Zeldin in office) but the trend had seemed to be more and more blue IMHO. Then again, in Virginia, Hispanics supported the Republican by nine percentage points. Maybe they are waking up to the nonsense going on.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Former Nassau County resident checking in.

Does the place still glow blue in the dark
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does the place still glow blue in the dark
View Quote
TOB never really did. Especially Massapequa.

As of this moment, the County Executive, DA and Legislature are Republican. DA was an open position. County Exec Laura Curran appears to be out but there are still ballots to be counted (and recounted and recounted )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top