Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2020 9:46:58 PM EDT
Anyone know of any gun shops in the southern wake County area that carries a selection of stripped lowers? Or normally carries, I know most places are low on stock.

My regular shop only carries Anderson and I don't want to pay a $25 transfer on a $60 lower.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Fuquay gun and gold had a small selection of some about two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know Fuquay gun and gold had a small selection of some about two weeks ago.
View Quote

I called them and they said they only carry Anderson. I will have to look in person. I have been meaning to stop by, anyway, but the line has been out across the parking lot every time I drive by.
I had previously never looked when I was there, this is going to be my first build.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuquay normally carries Spikes and Anderson from what I can remember. They do have some DTI but they are complete. Granted, I haven’t looked at their lowers since Corona hit, but I know all their AR stock quickly sold out

Their line hasn’t been bad lately, they do follow social distancing practices currently. When you get their, they’ll ask you what you are wanting and hook you up direct with a salesman to expedite you getting out of there.

I’m in same boat, though I’ve built several rifles through the years.

I’ve used Anderson, Spikes, Aero, SSA, and PSA. K Only three I’ve ever had an issue with was an Anderson with the grip screw threads not done currently (retapped myself), a PSA with an out of spec mag well (PSA fixed it and sent me an additional one for free), and a Spikes with a out of spec bolt release (fixed with my drill).

For the money, Anderson isn’t bad. I was debating about buying another one but think I’m either going to order an Aero Precision or SSA just for nostalgia (first one I built was off a SSA and Aero lower, back when I lived in WA).
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m about 99% positive they had spikes lowers and I know they had Anderson. If you can’t find any I know a reasonably priced FFL. I would suggest ordering a couple from palmetto just to have on hand. The FFL I deal with is reasonable and even better if you’re LEO. He’s located in Garner.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Triangle Gun Vault in Apex usually carries a selection of various lowers including some of the PSA lowers from the 'lost a customer' thread in GD. Their site shows they still have a few of those available along with a basic Anderson lower.

https://www.trianglegunvault.com/lowers-in-store/stripped-lowers-3384

According to the banner at the top of their page, they are open by appointment only right now, and email is the preferred contact method. [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe the guy on the phone misunderstood me and thought I meant what lowers they had in stock. Not what ones the normally carry.
I will probably stop by sometime this week.

I'm not in to much of a rush, alot of my parts are on back order anyway. So I probably won't be able to start for a little bit.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe the guy on the phone misunderstood me and thought I meant what lowers they had in stock. Not what ones the normally carry.
I will probably stop by sometime this week.

I'm not in to much of a rush, alot of my parts are on back order anyway. So I probably won't be able to start for a little bit.

View Quote

@AWZ1287

Carolina Shooting Supply in Pine Level has Aero M4E1 lowers for $79.95. You have to read their sign before you come in and only so many customers in store depending on how many people they have working on that day. Those were the only ones that had left in stock if you wanted a fancier one
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Triangle Gun Vault in Apex usually carries a selection of various lowers including some of the PSA lowers from the 'lost a customer' thread in GD. Their site shows they still have a few of those available along with a basic Anderson lower.

https://www.trianglegunvault.com/lowers-in-store/stripped-lowers-3384

According to the banner at the top of their page, they are open by appointment only right now, and email is the preferred contact method. [email protected]
View Quote

@grondike

I always forgot about Triangle Gun vault, I’ve been wanting one of those KAG lowers. Might have to call and see
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@AWZ1287

Carolina Shooting Supply in Pine Level has Aero M4E1 lowers for $79.95. You have to read their sign before you come in and only so many customers in store depending on how many people they have working on that day. Those were the only ones that had left in stock if you wanted a fancier one
View Quote

Thanks I was actually looking at the aero precision m4 edition, but I may still pick up one of these for a future project.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I will have to check out triangle gun vault, they look like a good shop.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
A little further of a drive, but Ashboro Guns & Gear had a bunch of Aero lowers before the panic.  I've not been by since.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on Triangle Gun Vault. Josh is a good guy to deal with, as well as the other guys he has working there. He’s always given me good prices and helped me look for items I needed. Buy with confidence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top