Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2021 9:13:12 AM EDT
We got 5 sections of privacy fence blown in last night and a small piece of facia peeled back from the winds last night. This happened around midnight here in NE Missouri. How did the storm affect the rest of you guys? Looks like rain on and off for the next week here too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#1]
We had thunderstorms until about 8:30, but no damage. The winds weren't very strong; just lots of rain lightning. (We needed the rain. It's been very dry here).
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
We are getting rain that has been desperately needed by my Pawpaws and Bananas.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Northwest Missouri is resembling Southeast Asia…the monsoons won’t let up!
View Quote

My wife and were/are blessed. Our neighborhood got hammered last night. There are houses with entire sides of siding blown off, shingles everywhere, soffits and facia ripped off, trees down and entire privacy fences blown down. What a night, but with more to come again. I got all my panels put in and my fence is up but damaged. The gutter guy already got here and nailed the 6' of facia back in. I would have done that too but my ladder will not reach my peak to do it safely. The fence guys came out and will give me an estimate for the east side of our fence because it actually bent the posts that are concreted in the ground and cracked four sections of bottom railing. Such is life...when it rains, it pours here...pun intended.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sunny and clear here, which I hate, but sorry to hear that some of you guys got damage.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Without feeling like an 'ambulance chaser'...here is a pic I took of one of our neighbor's homes from last night's 'micro burst?' We have trees down all over, facia and soffits and shingles laying in peoples yards. And complete vinyl privacy fences simply blown away...gone. I found one of my fence inserts about a quarter of a block away from my house. But I did get my fence all put up and my small piece of facia nailed down.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots and lots of rain here last night but no damage. I have drainage ditches on threes sides of my lot and all were completely full this morning. All three still had water running late this afternoon and we just had another round of rain. It looks like the worst of it will miss me tonight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit we got maybe 5 minutes of rain here today. We need more.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The news tonight said we had possibly two tornadoes pass over us. The sirens went off around 11:30pm last night. We are thankful they passed over and left only the damage done by the winds. It has been storming here again since about 6:15pm. Rain, rain GO AWAY!
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't seen any out and about in the Liberty area today. I know Parkville and Excelsior have started flooding however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top