Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2022 4:15:33 PM EDT
Is is legal for one person to store another person's firearms for them in NV nowadays?  Scenario:  Friend, coworker etc leaving out of state for x-amount of time & doesn't want to leave firearm(s) unattended in his/her domicile.  

I don't know how stupid our 'transfer' definitions are nowadays so wanted to see if anyone else here had run that to ground.

Thanks!

ETA: The temp storage recipient in my scenario would NOT be a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm far from an expert but my understanding is NO, that would be an illegal transfer. If it were an immediate family member it would be ok but not between friends..

Me, I couldn't do it simply because I have ZERO room in my safes for the guns If I did have the room, I would do it. I honestly don't think there is a good LEGAL solution for the friends problem and that's really fucked up.. but, this is exactly what the fuckers that passed this bullshit wanted, make things harder for good, honest people.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
DADT
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DADT
View Quote
Yep..

Unless your house was burglarized or you somehow invited the man into your life during the storage period only the two people involved should even know what happened..
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a large lockable case that he padlocks and takes the keys? You don't have access or control, should be ok from my reading.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I hear you guys & from my reading of the NRS & whatnot I also figured the man had not accounted for this kind of in my mind, not so far fetched scenario.  Whether that was on purpose or not who knows?  I also figured it could be construed as a 'transfer' by libtard entities if they chose to go that route. Sucks for ordinary folks trying to do the right thing.

I did find out for my coworker that NFA has a service for $2 a day / $2 per firearm they'll store private folks' stuff. I'd imagine other FFL's prolly offer the same.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep..

Unless your house was burglarized or you somehow invited the man into your life during the storage period only the two people involved should even know what happened..
View Quote

It's low probability but I was thinking if something happened such as friend / coworker got killed while away (traffic accident, casualty of war while deployed etc) then what happens?  Can't just go out to Lake Mead & have unfortunate boating accidents like people used to be able to do... (joking).
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Another possible scenario to consider:  Friend going out of town buys or moves an already existing safe to local friend's property.  Friend staying put doesn't have access to the firearms.  I'd wonder if he could even be considered to be in possession of them. It's a more labor intensive and/or costly possibility but one you could look into.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hear you guys & from my reading of the NRS & whatnot I also figured the man had not accounted for this kind of in my mind, not so far fetched scenario.  Whether that was on purpose or not who knows?  I also figured it could be construed as a 'transfer' by libtard entities if they chose to go that route. Sucks for ordinary folks trying to do the right thing.

I did find out for my coworker that NFA has a service for $2 a day / $2 per firearm they'll store private folks' stuff. I'd imagine other FFL's prolly offer the same.
View Quote

While nice of them to offer the service,  that could get really expensive fast.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I took GREAT joy in telling my liberal friends that they can legally suck my turnip when they asked to borrow pistols to protect their families during the early covid lockdowns.

This is what they wanted!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at it like this-

If a person can live with a prohibited person and lock up the gun and be legal since the prohibited person does not have access, how would it not be the same with 2 non-prohibited people?

A locked case or safe would be fine. Grab a cheap locker type safe, workbox, or whatever. Lock it up and be done.

Reality is that there would have to be a serious police investigation to even find out the guns were stored in someone else's house.

If you are not transferring possession, there is no transfer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Do what needs doing and keep your damn mouth shut.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do what needs doing and keep your damn mouth shut.
View Quote

^ this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top