Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 8:37:39 AM EDT
Anyone else see this

https://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/2018/11/30/red-flag-laws-curb-gun-violence-and-protect-second-amendment/2150449002/

I am a gun owner and a Republican. I believe a 'red flag' law for Tennessee will curb gun violence and protect the 2nd Amendment.

A Tennessee state senator explains why he is introducing a "red flag" bill to remove firearms from people deemed by a court to be dangerous and why it can be a bipartisan win.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucked up shit.

It’s going to be used for swatting and disarming prleople over simple squabbles and bitter exes. Like it already had in other states.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Trying to out Florida Florida
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I love how they redefined due process. It no longer means a jury of peers, but now means a lone bureaucrat can take away your rights.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Full out assault on all of our constitutional  rights
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Appears to be the "model" proposed by Everytown Research.

https://everytownresearch.org/red-flag-laws-helping-prevent-mass-shooting/
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Just what we need... more Government. We have this crap in Connecticut before I moved down here. Once you get a law into effect like this, more will follow. Who's to say the judge who will be deciding your fate as a gun owner is mentally competent?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
He needs to go.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It will go no where in TN.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
How sure are we of this?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would have said something similar about FL a few years ago.  Don't assume anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember EVERYONE saying the GCA of 1968 would not bother anyone and would NEVER pass.  It has been going straight to hell ever since!

Before then the nice mailMAN brought me a gun I had ordered thru the mail about every 6 months.  Damn law passed right before I could order my Solothurn 20mm!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How sure are we of this?
View Quote
99%.

Dims in TN can't get shit passed as they are a super minority in both the House & Senate. Aside from the usualy suspects in Memphis & Nashville, I don't believe rural Dims would get behind this. Aside from a few RINO's such as Beth Harwell, I don't think Republicans would get behind it either.

Speaking only for myself, I don't see how these sort of laws can pass legal muster before a qualified judge who knows the fucking law(s).
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

99%.

Dims in TN can't get shit passed as they are a super minority in both the House & Senate. Aside from the usualy suspects in Memphis & Nashville, I don't believe rural Dims would get behind this. Aside from a few RINO's such as Beth Harwell, I don't think Republicans would get behind it either.

Speaking only for myself, I don't see how these sort of laws can pass legal muster before a qualified judge who knows the fucking law(s).
View Quote
The asshole introducing this bill is a Republican not a demoshit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
“Bipartisan support”.  Fucked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Glen Casada is the new House Speaker. He's been pretty good on gun matters before, hopefully he'll continue.

I'll see what the TFA says about this proposed new bill.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have a bill number yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Brother in law in Florida says to check out-Florida senate bill 530(2018)
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Any news on this?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Brother in law in Florida says to check out-Florida senate bill 530(2018)
View Quote
What about it?  It died in committee while similar bills passed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any news on this?
View Quote
Nothing from the TFA, which means it's not gotten any traction.

I'm hoping the TFA will threaten to have added language that makes whomever signs the confiscation warrant personally responsible for FALSE claims by someone wanting revenge. Also make CRIMINAL charges against whomever makes false claims that generate a confiscation order.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nothing from the TFA, which means it's not gotten any traction.

I'm hoping the TFA will threaten to have added language that makes whomever signs the confiscation warrant personally responsible for FALSE claims by someone wanting revenge. Also make CRIMINAL charges against whomever makes false claims that generate a confiscation order.
View Quote
There also needs language that forces the judge/police to follow the due process clauses in the 4th and 5th amendments and provide documented, verifiable proof that they did.

I'm sick that I even feel the need to type that shit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top