Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]

How long until we see results or a smack in the face?  I am guessing years.  Maybe after I retire and move the fuck out.

Bill
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How long until we see results or a smack in the face?  I am guessing years.  Maybe after I retire and move the fuck out.

Bill
View Quote
If even that. NYSRPA v Bruen goes after "proper cause". Nothing else. The best outcome I see is SCOTUS shooting down proper cause such that "for self defense" is a an acceptable cause and that "Shall Issue" is the law. However, nothing goes after the bulk of the requirements such as four references from your county that you have known for at least a year and your medical records off the top of my head. Here in Nassau County, which is probably second only to New York City in expense, time and denials, the only change would be that restrictions would no longer be applied to licenses and they have to be issued if the requirements are met (expect more requirements). But if or until a court overturns all the requirements then it will be a long slog for any meaningful change. For those people living in an upstate county where restrictions are rarely if ever applied to licenses, I would not expect any noticeable change for those residents.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what impact, if any, a proper SCOTUS ruling would have on carry in NYC.   A “shall issue” ruling would have to confirm the right to carry, would that not be state wide?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder what impact, if any, a proper SCOTUS ruling would have on carry in NYC.   A "shall issue" ruling would have to confirm the right to carry, would that not be state wide?
View Quote
It'll look like DC, a pain in the ass, but possible, and a minefield of exceptions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top