Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 6:46:55 PM EDT
My wife and I are traveling to NC from Alabama for an adoption. We will plan to stay in Winston-Salem for a little while, maybe a couple weeks or three.

What areas are we to avoid?

What food joints do we need to experience?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay out of the East and Southern side of town. Small Batch in downtown has decent beer and great burgers. Hops also has fantastic burgers. Foothills Brewery has good beer and food in downtown. Their minor league baseball team is in town during your time here, they’re the Dash. Downtown is safe to walk around during the day and dinner time. If you like hiking you can go to Hanging Rock or Pilot Mountain.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
North side for Wiseman brewery or Fiddlin Fish as well.
Small Batch does have good beer and burgers, etc.
There are good restaurants around downtown.
Old Salem may have some stuff open for tours.  
Like Shotgun mentioned if the Dash are in town that’s always fun.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want a good meal, check out The Katherine, too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Pre covid, me and wife went for weekend and stay at the Kimpton Cardinal Hotel in downtown. It was nice and we could walk or Uber to a bunch of breweries and we went to see a band at the Ramkat. Good food and shopping on Trade st and 6th ( kind of a hippy Asheville vibe), recommend Sweet Potatoes and Spring House Restaurant are good.  Broad Branch Distillery tour was ok.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want a good meal, check out The Katherine, too.
View Quote

Heck yeah.  Great restaurant.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pre covid, me and wife went for weekend and stay at the Kimpton Cardinal Hotel in downtown. It was nice and we could walk or Uber to a bunch of breweries and we went to see a band at the Ramkat. Good food and shopping on Trade st and 6th ( kind of a hippy Asheville vibe), recommend Sweet Potatoes and Spring House Restaurant are good.  Broad Branch Distillery tour was ok.
View Quote

YES

Sweet Potatoes is one of the best around.

If you will be here on the first Friday of the month, go there there early, 4:30 - 5-ish, and make sure you order a slice of their sweet potato cheesecake as soon as you get there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet Potato Cheesecake?? I like sweet potatoes. I like cheesecake. I'll be standing in line come Friday. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sweet Potato Cheesecake?? I like sweet potatoes. I like cheesecake. I'll be standing in line come Friday. Thanks
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top