Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2020 7:20:22 PM EDT
What is the current status of magazine kits being shipped into Cali?  Mag parts?  GTG or no go?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Individual parts, or multiple parts not amounting to a single complete magazine are good to go.  Complete disassembled magazines, it depends on who you ask.  IMO these aren't "conversion kits".  But it's possible LE will differ.  Most err on the side of caution and consider it a no-go.  Ultimately, the onus is on the buyer to follow the law.  If I were in another State and were not doing it publicly as a business that CA might try to sue to get the customer lists upon discovery, I'd have no problems sending stuff, but that's just me.  But I am in CA, so it's a moot point.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Magazines need repair parts.  Damaged feed lips, crushed under foot, dinged up bodies,... are common when shooting action-oriented events.  Springs go slack.  Baseplates rust.  Parts need to be replaced.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you can send a disassembled mag in one package.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think you can send a disassembled mag in one package.
View Quote

Depends on whether or not that constitutes a hi-cap mag "conversion kit".  I don't see how it is, but it seems to be getting treated that way regardless.  But sending in two shipments completely gets around that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top