Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2020 8:21:04 PM EDT
Something new...

www.MissouriCarry.com/Status-of-MO-Gun-Bills

On that web page is a link to a PDF report on the Status of MO Gun Bills. In addition to providing the same info as the 2020 GUN BILLS list found over in MoCarry's Legislative Forum -- the visual rating indicators, the sponsor's name, and the short description of the bill -- the Status report includes:
  • a solid red flag icon for "red flag" bills, or a red-outlined flag for bills having red flag aspects or are red-flag inspired, on the right-hand side of the bill number,

• the bill's LR number so you can tell if there's a new version of the bill (check the last letter, "i" is for introduced, "c" for committee substitute, etc),

• a color-coded progress bar for each bill to let you know at a glance how far it's progressed through the legislative process,

• the bill's full Title string (IF it's different than just the original bill number) added underneath the progress bar,

• the last action reported for the bill, and

• a highlighted note if a hearing has been scheduled.
The filename changes with each update. The page presenting the PDF is a permanent link, so bookmark that.

The PDF is a print-output of a custom-generated local webpage. Unlike the GUN BILLS list, there are no links to bill pages, the links are lost in the conversion. (I'm thinking I might append a simple list of linked bill numbers, if there's a demand for it...)

I can generate a fresh report and have it up a few minutes, provided I'm at my desk. I tend to update the file whenever I notice new gun bills or actions or hearings.

This explains the bill rating system (tho I think it's pretty obvious)...

Feel free to pick nits.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just went to Missouri Carry and a big thank you for posting the firearm bills. I believe that the Transportation, Infrastructure and Public Safety committee convenes tomorrow. There are very good bills and a very bad bill in that committee. Red Flag Law bill SB543 is one of them along with SB563. But so is the excellent bill SB588 and SB663 and SB700.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Anything new on college campus carry?  Or carrying in church's?  Specifically, making it legal to carry on college campuses and not having to have the pastor's permission to carry in church.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything new on college campus carry?  Or carrying in church's?  Specifically, making it legal to carry on college campuses and not having to have the pastor's permission to carry in church.
View Quote
That would be included in SB 663 (Burlison) and the nearly identical House version, HB 1638 (Jered Taylor).

SB 663
https://www.senate.mo.gov/20info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=26838086

HB 1638
https://house.mo.gov/Bill.aspx?bill=HB1638&year=2020&code=R
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That would be included in SB 663 (Burlison) and the nearly identical House version, HB 1638 (Jered Taylor).

SB 663
https://www.senate.mo.gov/20info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=26838086

HB 1638
https://house.mo.gov/Bill.aspx?bill=HB1638&year=2020&code=R
View Quote
Thanks!  I really hope that passes.  Would make things a lot easier for me and a lot of other folks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Oops, double post.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi,
MISSOURI FOLKS,
Senate Bill 543, a bill which will suspend Second Amendment rights and confiscate firearms without sufficient due process, is currently in the Senate Transportation, Infrastructure and Public Safety Committee awaiting a hearing. In addition, the committee also has Senate Bill 700 to ensure law-abiding citizens may carry firearms for self-defense on public transit. Please contact committee members and ask them to OPPOSE SB 543 and SUPPORT SB 700.

JJKrzos
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
There are a number of good and bad bills currently sitting in the Transportation, Infrastructure and Public Safety Committee:

Bad: SB 543, SB 563, SB 697 (all gun seizure bills), and SB 799 (universal background checks)

Good: SB 700 (legalizes metrolink and bus carry w/permit), SB 663 (reduces gun-free zones, legalizes bus carry), and SB 588 (the Second Amendment Preservation Act)

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from contacting legislators (they do need to hear from us!), but I'm hardly worried about SB 543. It's flagrantly anti-gun and also tramples on a number of other rights. Our current pro-gun super-majority legislature would never pass it. I rather expect SB 543 to die in that committee.

SB 563 and SB 697, on the other hand, though not as egregious as a full-blown red-flag bill, are potentially problematic as, comparatively speaking, they're "more reasonable." It's these kind of bills, these "more reasonable" compromises, that can end up slipping through if no one's paying much attention. While you're contacting the committee about the red-flag bill, SB 543, be sure to oppose the other gun seizure bills, SB 563 and SB 697, while you're at it.

The remaining bad bill in that committee, SB 799, calls for all sales and transfers to go through a dealer for background checks. As with SB 543, it's flagrantly anti-gun, and I'm not really worried about SB 799 getting passed, but it too is well worth opposing.

As for the good bills...

SB 663 has a lot more going for it than SB 700. SB 663 cleans up a bunch of spaghetti-code in the statutes, repeals a number of gun-free zones, and makes concealed-carry on a bus completely legal. No, it doesn't address metrolink. SB 700 does, but it doesn't make bus carry completely legal. In my opinion, SB 663 and SB 700 complement each other, and I'd love to see them both passed. Please support both, but especially SB 663. Ask the committee for a hearing on these two bills and for SB 588. (Aren't we ready for the Second Amendment Preservation Act? With presidential candidates declaring they'll enact gun control all over the place, I know I am!)  We need a hearing and a "do pass" on these three bills from the committee. Let's see if we can get 'em moving, eh.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I will e-mail tonight and contact t tomorrow. Thank you for the update!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
PUBLIC HEARINGS on HBs 1722, 1901, and 1680 - Web, Feb 26

Committee: General Laws
Chair: Plocher, Dean
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Time: 4:00 PM or upon adjournment (whichever is later)

The good...

HB 1722 and HB 1901 are similar bills that legalize carrying concealed firearms on buses and the metrolink for those having a concealed-carry permit.

The bad...

HB 1680 changes the penalty for defacing a firearm or possessing a defaced firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony and extends the conditions that constitute a defaced firearm.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Heads up! Support is needed NOW to help pass HB 1637, the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA), coming up for a hearing tomorrow, March 4th.

This legislation would help shield Missourians from federal overreach in order to preserve our gun rights.

Please add your voice in support of HB 1637. All you need to do is fill out an online witness form today, telling the committee why you support this bill. Your written testimony in support of HB 1637 will then be added to all of the other testimonies submitted and hand delivered to the hearing tomorrow. Your testimony will also be available for your representatives to see online.

The Second Amendment Preservation Act has been stalled long enough. It's time has come. Let's keep this important legislation moving and get it passed this year.

The hearing is tomorrow, so please act now.

Fill out the online Witness Form for HB 1637:
http://www.libertytools.org/LibertyTools/witness/witness2.php?template=106

More on the Second Amendment Preservation Act:
http://www.mofirst.org/issues/nullification/SAPA/SAPA-Brochure.pdf
http://www.mofirst.org/?page=issues/SAPA-Resources.php

Status of MO Gun Bills
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Heads up! Support is needed NOW to help pass HB 1637, the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA), coming up for a hearing tomorrow, March 4th.

This legislation would help shield Missourians from federal overreach in order to preserve our gun rights.

Please add your voice in support of HB 1637. All you need to do is fill out an online witness form today, telling the committee why you support this bill. Your written testimony in support of HB 1637 will then be added to all of the other testimonies submitted and hand delivered to the hearing tomorrow. Your testimony will also be available for your representatives to see online.

The Second Amendment Preservation Act has been stalled long enough. It's time has come. Let's keep this important legislation moving and get it passed this year.

The hearing is tomorrow, so please act now.

Fill out the online Witness Form for HB 1637:
http://www.libertytools.org/LibertyTools/witness/witness2.php?template=106

More on the Second Amendment Preservation Act:
http://www.mofirst.org/issues/nullification/SAPA/SAPA-Brochure.pdf
http://www.mofirst.org/?page=issues/SAPA-Resources.php

Status of MO Gun Bills
View Quote
The online witness tool...when filled out...is that to appear to speak or simply a show of for/against a bill that our representative can see and read?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, that's a good question. Yes, the witness form is meant to be documentation of a witness's testimony given in front of the committee; however, the legislature (the committees) have been accepting these hand-delivered witness forms in bulk since at least 2013, submitted by hundreds to over a thousand people at a time, containing their written testimony only, regarding the Second Amendment Preservation Act. The precedent's been set, so.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#14]
This is what I wrote for my witness slip:

Article VI of the U S Constitution states...'This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.'

Unfortunately, we are at a time when HB1637 is needed to doubly remind those misguided and cleverly wicked leaders of States and Country to leave their hands off our GOD given rights. And I will remind you that it is the sworn duty of the 'Peoples' government servants to guard the most important of self-preserving shields...THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

As some states and leaders are now actively releasing hardened and dangerous criminals upon the lot of the people of this country, our right for self-defense is needed now more than ever. And as some states and leaders are now actively declaring themselves sanctuaries for harboring illegal immigrants whose intentions the people of this country know not, our right for self-defense is needed now more than ever.
And as some states and leaders are now declaring themselves detached from the constraints of our Constitution, our right for self-defense is needed now more than ever.

To realize the American Republic, our freedom had to be won, ordered and sustained. Our Founding Fathers won our freedom in the Revolutionary War; they ordered our freedom through the Constitution and it is the duty of all generations to sustain the Republic by adhering to the Constitution while embracing virtue, faith and freedom.

Please do your part in sustaining our Republic by affirming HB1637...Always Free, Free Always!
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Well said. Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top