Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 2.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
Where was this?

The two Great Clips I use here in Augusta are still closed.

Maybe it's a "per franchisee" type thing.
View Quote

Here in central GA, NONE of the chain salons are open.  The only places that are running are the privately owned establishments unrelated to any franchise or chain.

My suspicion is that it's harder for the chains to get employees who want to come in - especially for hourly wages.  I mean will that hourly stylist care if the place closes up for good?  Or will they just enjoy beer-flu unemployment benefits until they find anther job?

And that's the same reason why the privately owned salons are running.  There's more personal risk if the business is closed.  IIRC at higher-end (or privately owned) salons, the barbers & stylists pay "rent" on their slot vs getting hourly wages.  Sure there might be a price list they all have to follow for that establishment, but the take-home pay is higher.  (not to mention if they're certified barbers vs hair-stylists, since it's a more expensive license)

Same reason why the local nail salons are open too... they're privately owned too, often family run... so working means income.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Great Clips in Waycross is open, a friend called in about noon Friday and got an opening an hour and a half later. It was her first time using them and she was happy with the result.

I'm going tomorrow, I'll do online check-in in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
North Fulton opened at 10:00 online check in at 10:15 by 10:30 had a #1 sides and back and felt like a man again.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Took Mrs.14 to the Dawsonville outlet stores yesterday, most were still closed. Nike outlet closed but displaying multiple signs that they'll re-open March 27 (yes, March).  Marshalls still closed.  Mrs. unhappy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Monday I ate breakfast in a local diner, and got a haircut after lunch (checked in online, in a chair 30 minutes later).
Yesterday morning I went fishing, and came home with this* . . .

All this being 'open" is costing me money.

*1958 S&W Model 35
"Model of 1953 .22/32 Target"
I-frame, 6" barrel, .22LR (6 shot)

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TerryC:
Monday I ate breakfast in a local diner, and got a haircut after lunch (checked in online, in a chair 30 minutes later).
Yesterday morning I went fishing, and came home with this* . . .

http://www.fototime.com/98A0B078D57DE79/orig.jpg

All this being 'open" is costing me money. 

*1958 S&W Model 35 
"Model of 1953 .22/32 Target"
I-frame, 6" barrel, .22LR (6 shot)

View Quote

Score!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top