Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2019 9:58:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Never happen, but I support it based off what I see.

Fuck commies and their commie laws.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thoughts?

Republicans in the Minnesota Senate hope to wipe out city-specific labor rules, such as St. Paul’s $15 per-hour minimum wage, in the name of protecting the state’s economy.

A provision in the Senate jobs, energy and commerce budget would stop cities from requiring higher minimum wages or sick time for workers that are different that what is already in state law. The proposal would be retroactive to 2017 and would undo minimum wage and other laws also enacted in Minneapolis.

“It will keep Minnesota labor laws uniform,” said Sen. Eric Pratt, R-Prior Lake, a chief sponsor of the bill. “A patchwork of regulation poses a real threat to commerce in the state.”
View Quote
I'm by no means a fan of the $15 minimum wage and all the other BS this would address, but I'm also generally cautious of supporting preemption...
View Quote
I'm 100% supportive of state pre-emption laws. Navigating a patchwork of local laws, restrictions and taxes is a nightmare for a small business owner and hurts all of the states citizens.  Of course, it doesn't matter as the communists in the house will never support this provision in the compromise bill.  And to be honest, I'm more worried about the senate holding firm against the house and the governor's massive tax increases in their transportation bill and gun control in the house passed public safety bill.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably won't pass, and Walz wouldn't sign it, but should be a useful horse to trade as the session ends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top