Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2017 4:25:57 PM EDT
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-illinois-governor-kass-1008-story.html
Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-illinois-governor-kass-1008-story.htmDoes anyone have thoughts on this?
View Quote
been to a couple of her townhall meetings. very level headed, very conservative, fiscally responsible, co- sponsor of concealed carry bill.

Her voting record.

no matter who's governor nothing is going to happen until Madigan ups and dies. same goes for his bitch whelp.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
And unless we vote out the democRATS another Republican governor will be just as ineffective as Rauner.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Time for a term limits bill. This needs to brought up every time an anti gun bill is introduced. again and again and again.......................................................
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Time for a term limits bill. This needs to brought up every time an anti gun bill is introduced. again and again and again.......................................................
View Quote
Very much this. I am not feeling any conservative love from that POS Rauner. I hope we get a better version to vote for and primary out that hack.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't researched her voting record other than on specific bills I have seen her on floor debates. All gun related stuff.  

I absolutely would consider voting for her if she runs.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very much this. I am not feeling any conservative love from that POS Rauner. I hope we get a better version to vote for and primary out that hack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be OK with both of these suggestions.

We also need to do something about Tom Dart and/or the mess he has created for the  CCLRB.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
In my opinion, Rauner is the only one that has a chance of beating the Democrat in the election.  He has been excellent on guns.  He is the only governor that has met with us in my memory and actually instructs his staff to work with us (Valinda & I).
He vetoed the tannerite bill and signed the auto knife bill.  I'm sure he would veto the dealer licensing bill..
He signed liberal on a couple of bills that I will guarantee a democrat governor would have signed too.  
He has Madigan in his sights and a Democrat would just be another Madigan puppet.  
I don't see any alternative to keep a Madigan Democrat out of the Govs. office.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Problem is Rauner has lost the support of many people who previously voted for him.  

The fact that the Republicans are even considering replacing him speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Problem is Rauner has lost the support of many people who previously voted for him.  

The fact that the Republicans are even considering replacing him speaks volumes.
View Quote
I understand why they would feel that way but, he is the only one that has the $$$$ to get elected...We won't be in better shape if we get a Madigan owned governor...As always, it is a "hold your nose" type of choice.
I know this guy...I was shocked at his two big screwups....We have been assured that is all there will be...However, this is IL and this is politics!
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not necessarily against Rauner. Don't get me wrong. I agree with everything you are saying.

As with politics it has become nothing more than choosing the lesser of two evils. Pick your poison, so to speak.  

I don't see Rauner winning. Madigan's press machine is too strong and has never stopped working since the day Rauner got elected. Rauner has lost too much political capital even from people who have elected him.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I am actually happy knowing I will be gone by time election time rolls around next year. This will be a shit show, a dem will win and everyone will say they voted for a rep, and don't know what happened. And then nothing good will happen. This state has been doomed and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In my opinion, Rauner is the only one that has a chance of beating the Democrat in the election.  He has been excellent on guns.  He is the only governor that has met with us in my memory and actually instructs his staff to work with us (Valinda & I).
He vetoed the tannerite bill and signed the auto knife bill.  I'm sure he would veto the dealer licensing bill..
He signed liberal on a couple of bills that I will guarantee a democrat governor would have signed too.  
He has Madigan in his sights and a Democrat would just be another Madigan puppet.  
I don't see any alternative to keep a Madigan Democrat out of the Govs. office.
View Quote
I agree.  Until Madigan is gone NOTHING will change in springfield with regards to overspending, more taxes, etc.  Replacing Rauner w/ another R governor will not change anything so I'm content to keep Rauner.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I couldn't care less about abortion.

His sanctuary state BS did piss me off.

We are on defense here for the forseeable future, so I will support the R most likely to win. That appears to be Rauner at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top