Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2018 4:36:00 PM EDT
With the current political climate and separation between political parties, as well as the recent rise in formation of militias, I feel it's only right to do the same.

I would like to create the New Hampshire militia, if one is not already active.

Basically looking for a group that would be willing to stand against any acts of tyranny, and stand for our rights given by the constitution.

Must be willing to gather together in a SHTF time.

Thinking about calling the militia, Deciples of John Stark...

Let me know if interested.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
join date.

post count.

Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
join date.

post count.

View Quote
Yeah i'm new to ARF, didnt know about it until July when i joined.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, yes, I recall a discussion about this topic some time ago on AboveTopSecret, the last time I am aware of that someone tried to make a state militia.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
New Hampshire has a state militia, it’s called the New Hampshire Nation Guard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New Hampshire has a state militia, it’s called the New Hampshire Nation Guard.
View Quote
Separate from the Government. when SHTF, the government cant be trusted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Separatde from the Government. when SHTF, the government cant be trusted.
View Quote
I am the government...
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am the government...
View Quote
The military will split when SHTF, some will be on one side, the other will separate.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The military will split when SHTF, some will be on one side, the other will separate.
View Quote
111:15 Armed Civilian Groups. – No organization, society, club, post, order, league or other combination of persons, or civil group, or any members thereof, are authorized to assume any semblance of military organization or character by bearing or possessing rifles, pistols, sabres, clubs, or military weapons of any kind, or wearing a military uniform of any kind. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section or taking part in such military organization shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if a natural person, or guilty of a felony if any other person; and any rifles, pistols, sabres, clubs or other military weapons used in violation hereof shall be forfeited. This section shall not apply to regularly constituted military units under state or federal laws; and nothing in this section shall be construed as forbidding the possession and use of rifles for color guards or firing squad purposes, or the wearing of uniforms of a military character, by an organization composed wholly of veteran soldiers who participated in any war of the United States, or by any other recognized fraternal group of long-standing in the community which uses rifles or sabres merely as a part of its ritualistic exercises and which is not specifically disapproved by the President of the United States, the Department of Defense, or the governor.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

111:15 Armed Civilian Groups. – No organization, society, club, post, order, league or other combination of persons, or civil group, or any members thereof, are authorized to assume any semblance of military organization or character by bearing or possessing rifles, pistols, sabres, clubs, or military weapons of any kind, or wearing a military uniform of any kind. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section or taking part in such military organization shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if a natural person, or guilty of a felony if any other person; and any rifles, pistols, sabres, clubs or other military weapons used in violation hereof shall be forfeited. This section shall not apply to regularly constituted military units under state or federal laws; and nothing in this section shall be construed as forbidding the possession and use of rifles for color guards or firing squad purposes, or the wearing of uniforms of a military character, by an organization composed wholly of veteran soldiers who participated in any war of the United States, or by any other recognized fraternal group of long-standing in the community which uses rifles or sabres merely as a part of its ritualistic exercises and which is not specifically disapproved by the President of the United States, the Department of Defense, or the governor.
View Quote
Sounds like thats againts the constitution. https://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=19209.0
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
A militia would not be to resemble a military unit of any kind. Citizens protecting their rights. Doesnt state anything against a group of like minded individuals practicing and sharing combative skills.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like thats againts the constitution. https://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=19209.0
View Quote
Which part?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A militia would not be to resemble a military unit of any kind. Citizens protecting their rights. Doesnt state anything against a group of like minded individuals practicing and sharing combative skills.
View Quote
Then it wouldn’t be a militia.

Definition of militia
1a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency
The militia was called to quell the riot.
b : a body of citizens organized for military service
2 : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Which part?
View Quote
You lose sir, after reading through multiple times, it specifically states to resemble a military organization of any kind. A private militia is not to resemble military, or pretend, it's to provide protection of constitutional rights from being regulated or taken away by government. So basically, if the group of guys doing drills and training are doing it without trying to reasemble military IE wearing their uniforms, then nothing has been broken. Also, the rifles being privately owned by the individuals not by the group, also separates them from this law.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You lose sir, after reading through multiple times, it specifically states to resemble a military organization of any kind. A private militia is not to resemble military, or pretend, it's to provide protection of constitutional rights from being regulated or taken away by government. So basically, if the group of guys doing drills and training are doing it without trying to reasemble military IE wearing their uniforms, then nothing has been broken. Also, the rifles being privately owned by the individuals not by the group, also separates them from this law.
View Quote
Wow. Sure... you win
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wow. Sure... you win
View Quote
What part of the government are you?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What part of the government are you?
View Quote
U.S. Coast Guard
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

U.S. Coast Guard
View Quote
Ok, and i'm in the NG. Believe me when i say, enlisted will separate when given unconstitutional orders, or if theres an uprising.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ok, and i'm in the NG. Believe me when i say, enlisted will separate when given unconstitutional orders, or if theres an uprising.
View Quote
I don’t know what to be more concern with, a member of the military with no confidence in his chain of command to only execute lawful orders (constitutional) or a military member conspiring to commit mutiny when he is ordered to do something he doesn’t agree with. Hmm
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don’t know what to be more concern with, a member of the military with no confidence in his chain of command to only execute lawful orders (constitutional) or a military member conspiring to commit mutiny when he is ordered to do something he doesn’t agree with. Hmm
View Quote
I specifically said unconstitutional, which is unlawful, and if orders were given to the NG to push back on groups fighting eachother for example Leftists vs Conservatives, the military would split, some would flock to each side. But it's okay, youre coast guard so you dont need to worry. Protect our shores from Canadians boating in import maple syrup.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Well that was sporty.
It's the virtual version of a couple ole' timers standing around the sap fire, working themselves into a frenzy,
until the phone rings...
"Welp, gotta go Walt. Ann says dinner's ready."
"Yut, OK Joe. See ya next week."
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how to begin my reply to either of you but I'll address you first, DANNY1911. Any person who would blindly follow anyone is a fool, plain and simple. If you're stating that one should blindly follow their chain of command "because that's what you were told to do" is a fool as well. You stated you're in the coast Guard and he stated he's in the National Guard (thank you both for that BTW), I'm sure you both have superiors in your chain of command who shouldn't be in the positions they hold, and who have reputations of being incompetent idiots. If either of you say you don't, I will straight out say that I don't believe you. That is a fact in any way of life in this country in the times we live in.

People are promoted for "political" reasons far more then their ability to do their job well and lead others in times where critical thinking is needed. It happens in the private sector and thanks largely to unions it happens in the public sector as well. If you blindly follow and buy into that system then you are a fool.

Also, you cited NH RSA  111:15, I don't believe that to be lawful under articles 1, 2, 2a, and 25 and probably a few others as well under the state Bill of Rights. People have a right to form a "militia" if they so choose and I think any prosecution of anyone doing so would be a losing battle. By the way..... under NH RSA 110-B:1; IV we are all members of the militia.

Now to address pweasenosteppy. If you're not trolling then I applaud your intent, however when I think of "militia's" I think of a bunch of out of shape military/police, yet oddly anti establishment wannabes. I would have no interest at all in joining a group like that.

When I think of what a "militia" should be I think neighbors helping neighbors, neighborhoods helping neighborhoods in times of need and defending each other from oppression or protecting each other from criminal acts and those wishing to do harm to them or myself. They should be made up of members of every walk of society (including military and Law Enforcement) that's looking to better their lives and to defend their neighbors freedom to better their own. There's also a NH RSA which forbids LE from confiscating firearms during emergencies but I don't feel like finding it right now to settle you two pissing on each other trying to assert dominance.

Bottom line is I'll help those in need and help protect whoever I see fit to. I have the judgement to join with like minded people and the right to defend myself and others when need be, as does anyone else on this planet. Whether people choose to do that or not is up to the individual.

You both have a brain, use it.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Words to live by......
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not sure how to begin my reply to either of you but I'll address you first, DANNY1911. Any person who would blindly follow anyone is a fool, plain and simple. If you're stating that one should blindly follow their chain of command "because that's what you were told to do" is a fool as well. You stated you're in the coast Guard and he stated he's in the National Guard (thank you both for that BTW), I'm sure you both have superiors in your chain of command who shouldn't be in the positions they hold, and who have reputations of being incompetent idiots. If either of you say you don't, I will straight out say that I don't believe you. That is a fact in any way of life in this country in the times we live in.

People are promoted for "political" reasons far more then their ability to do their job well and lead others in times where critical thinking is needed. It happens in the private sector and thanks largely to unions it happens in the public sector as well. If you blindly follow and buy into that system then you are a fool.

Also, you cited NH RSA  111:15, I don't believe that to be lawful under articles 1, 2, 2a, and 25 and probably a few others as well under the state Bill of Rights. People have a right to form a "militia" if they so choose and I think any prosecution of anyone doing so would be a losing battle. By the way..... under NH RSA 110-B:1; IV we are all members of the militia.

Now to address pweasenosteppy. If you're not trolling then I applaud your intent, however when I think of "militia's" I think of a bunch of out of shape military/police, yet oddly anti establishment wannabes. I would have no interest at all in joining a group like that.

When I think of what a "militia" should be I think neighbors helping neighbors, neighborhoods helping neighborhoods in times of need and defending each other from oppression or protecting each other from criminal acts and those wishing to do harm to them or myself. They should be made up of members of every walk of society (including military and Law Enforcement) that's looking to better their lives and to defend their neighbors freedom to better their own. There's also a NH RSA which forbids LE from confiscating firearms during emergencies but I don't feel like finding it right now to settle you two pissing on each other trying to assert dominance.

Bottom line is I'll help those in need and help protect whoever I see fit to. I have the judgement to join with like minded people and the right to defend myself and others when need be, as does anyone else on this planet. Whether people choose to do that or not is up to the individual.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Words to live by......
View Quote
I did not say anything about following blindly or "because that's what you were told to do", what I was addressing was the fact that the OP feels a need to form a private militia because he has no confidence in his chain of command to only follow lawful orders.  In the military we actually have just as much of a duty to NOT follow an unlawful order as we have a duty to follow a lawful order. In the military there are avenues to take if facing a unlawful order that do not include a mutiny.

Now on the discussion of the legal standing of NH RSA 111:15, I really don’t know what to tell you, it is a law.  I think the disconnect here is the difference in types of militias. The militia that the OP is currently enlisted in would be the states organized militia (a well regulated militia), which can in be supplemented by the unorganized militia, by draft. The one the OP if attempting to recruit for would be a private militia, which are armed military groups that are composed of private citizens and not recognized by federal or state governments.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Words to live by......
View Quote
Thank you sir, by "militia" i'm mainly saying we need to have agroup of like minded individuals that wouldnt mind spending time together training for when SHTF. A group that when shit goes down, we all know where to meet and what to have with us. A group of people we can all trust.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh boy, I made it in.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh boy, I made it in.
View Quote
IBTL 1st page too nice ~
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Well this is fun...
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well this is fun...
View Quote
Always
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
join date.

post count.

View Quote
Reminds me of Ed Brown from up in Plainfield.  Except he was a Constitutional Ranger.  

What sort of SHTF event is going to be so bad that a bunch of people cosplaying Red Dawn is going to save the day?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#30]
What if the leftists go so crazy and start conflicts leading to a covil war between parties? The government would split as well.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What if the leftists go so crazy and start conflicts leading to a covil war between parties? The government would split as well.
View Quote
What if right-wing nutcases go crazy and start conflicts leading to a civil war?

See how silly that sounds.  The leftists think that you are a nutcase that will start a civil war.  And they have just as much evidence that they are right as you do that you are right.  Just a bunch of paranoid fantasies.

There were many people on this site that were convinced that Obama was going to be the last freely elected president in US history (and that was after his first election).  Just because there are a bunch of left-wing paranoid fucks out there doesn't mean the right wing needs to match them for paranoid fuckery.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Reminds me of Ed Brown from up in Plainfield.  Except he was a Constitutional Ranger.  

What sort of SHTF event is going to be so bad that a bunch of people cosplaying Red Dawn is going to save the day?  
View Quote
He was from my area and had an office in West Lebanon, which, along with everything else he owned, was confiscated. If he just would have paid his taxes he'd still be living in his fortified house instead of the government's fortified house.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He was from my area and had an office in West Lebanon, which, along with everything else he owned, was confiscated. If he just would have paid his taxes he'd still be living in his fortified house instead of the government's fortified house.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reminds me of Ed Brown from up in Plainfield. Except he was a Constitutional Ranger.

I had a few dealings with Ed Brown before he decided it was time to go full-blown crazy.  His wife, Elaine, was a dentist and she seemed to be the saner of the two.  He was delusional and decided his version of reality was shared by everyone else.   She drank deeply from his homemade kool-aid eventually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top