Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2022 11:30:01 PM EDT
Me and the family, 4 late 30s early 40s (ok it’s me, I’m the only 40yo lol) adults and 4 kids (Boys 15/12/9/6) are coming down to St Petersburg beach in a few weeks. As a crowd we prefer “local” restaurants to chains, and mostly casual, khaki shorts/collared shirt/boat shoes at the dressiest, places to eat.

Will be spending a good bit of time on the beach, as this is our first trip to the gulf coast, but are open to other suggestions for things to do in the area, heard the Dali museum in the area is a good visit. Wouldn’t mind doing a salt water fishing charter if we could find one that fit in the budget, and any one has any suggestions for one, we’d like to all be on the same boat tho (most I am seeing carry a max of 6 passengers) so that may be a show stopper.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The Frog Pond on St Pete Beach for breakfast.  Go hungry.

You may want to go out to Ft. Desto Beach.  The cannons are still there.  The boys may dig it.  

https://www.floridarambler.com/tampa-bay-getaways/fort-desoto-park/

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Pepo's for cuban food -cuban sandwich, pork roll, and the whatever is on the line, its all delicious.

Big Steins for a sandwich - good corned beef stuff.  they're massive and fattening

Jack London Grill for a fancy beer and generally a good dinner (the special varies), or go with the usual fish and chips  

Red Mesa for a nice dinner (your attire is ok)

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Any natural springs or tubing places nearby that y’all can recommend?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any natural springs or tubing places nearby that y’all can recommend?
View Quote

Rainbow river (yes, seriously)

Little bit of a drive, well worth it
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:10:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a 62 year old native and I'm ashamed to say I've never been to Treasure Island. Finally the wife and I went there and it's beautiful!!!
will definetely go back.  I know St. Pete very well, downtown anyway. The Dali isn't what it was years ago. Many of the paintings that were there
20 years ago are now gone back to their owners or other museums, either way it's $10 to park and $46 each for seniors so to me it's not worth
the money as most of the display paintings are mediocre at best. The desireable Dali's are in private collections or other museums. There is a Western
museum owned by Raymond James which is absolutely a must see. I've been there twice in 2 years and it's display is perhaps the best you will ever see.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a 62 year old native and I'm ashamed to say I've never been to Treasure Island. Finally the wife and I went there and it's beautiful!!!
will definetely go back.  I know St. Pete very well, downtown anyway. The Dali isn't what it was years ago. Many of the paintings that were there
20 years ago are now gone back to their owners or other museums, either way it's $10 to park and $46 each for seniors so to me it's not worth
the money as most of the display paintings are mediocre at best. The desireable Dali's are in private collections or other museums. There is a Western
museum owned by Raymond James which is absolutely a must see. I've been there twice in 2 years and it's display is perhaps the best you will ever see.
View Quote

The James Museum downtown is great, so weird that it is there through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top