Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2019 8:07:08 AM EDT
Protecting home?

When are people going to understand anytime something like this happens it not only sets back legal gun ownership buy also begins to shed a light on whether regular citizens are capable of intelligently protecting their own home?

Before you all jump down my throat, yes I understand his actions but question them also. The charges probably will be reduced or dropped but the incident is still on his record, which cod affect future employment and lets hope the shitbag doesn't turn around and sue him for the assault. Yes, that can happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't there, but sounds like a bad shoot.

You don't kill people for stealing shit when you or your loved ones are not in danger.

That all said: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Wife and I commonly switch out running into a store when the other stays in the vehicle with kids. Someone were to think they would steal the car (in winter, we leave it idle) with us in the back seat (tinted windows), they would get properly ventilated for what they thought was a simple car theft.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:You don't kill people for stealing shit when you or your loved ones are not in danger.
View Quote
Not a good idea in MN anyway.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.startribune.com/st-paul-resident-charged-with-assault-for-shooting-man-on-his-property/508720312/
Vincent N. Trotter, 36, was charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon in connection with the gunfire at his house in the 600 block of Cook Avenue.

A 20-year-old man with an extensive criminal history was shot in the foot and left buttocks, treated for his injuries at a hospital and jailed on suspicion of car theft.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Has he never been trained to shoot center of mass or is he just incapable of doing so?

Not to blame the victim, but there are better times to cash a paycheck. Poor judgement seems to be a recurring theme here.

2013 SHOOTING FOLLOWED ARMED ROBBERY

On Nov. 17, 2013, at about 3:15 a.m., Trotter and another man who worked as bouncers at Club New York went to cash their paychecks at The UnBank at University Avenue and Lexington Parkway.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Something tells me that if he could make those hits, a guy on his lawn would be the least of his problems!
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Any reminder to the criminal class that people are armed is a good thing.

I’ll worry about stand your ground passing when and if it ever actually gets debated in the legislature.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any reminder to the criminal class that people are armed is a good thing.

I’ll worry about stand your ground passing when and if it ever actually gets debated in the legislature.
View Quote
A "shoot first, ask questions later" bill made it all the way to Dayton's desk about five years ago. He vetoed it of course.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has he never been trained to shoot center of mass or is he just incapable of doing so?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The average PTC class is useless.  Range time consists of 10 seconds to demonstrate you can put a couple rounds in a static target 5 feet away.  I've seen some instructors even allow students use .22lr, which I thought was not allowed.  They don't even allow you to draw from a holster.

Not to blame the victim, but there are better times to cash a paycheck. Poor judgement seems to be a recurring theme here.
The guy who shot the bus driver on 94 was also previously involved in something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top