Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2022 9:26:32 AM EDT
It's looking like I'll need to relocate down to the SW US by the end of the year for work. One area that would work is around St George Utah..... curious if we have any members in that area?

Any comments on what the area has to offer in terms of long range and extreme long range shooting spots? I see a ton of BLM ground all around St George so I'm guessing most folks just go out on public ground when they want to stretch their legs?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You got it!  Plenty of wide open spaces, I prefer the wide open spaces,  plenty of places to go.  My only hesitation about the St. George area is that housing that used be be a bargain is now pretty darn expensive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By out4trout:
You got it!  Plenty of wide open spaces, I prefer the wide open spaces,  plenty of places to go.  My only hesitation about the St. George area is that housing that used be be a bargain is now pretty darn expensive.
View Quote

Oh man, I also prefer the wide open spaces. Half the fun is looking for your spot or spots haha.

Unfortunately I think everything is getting expensive now.... awkward time to have to relocate for work but at least it sounds like I won't have to give up ELR shooting in the move!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There are several spots around that have steel targets set out to 1000yds+. A few have concrete tables or pads to shoot from.

A popular one that I don't mind posting online about is maybe 10miles south of town in Arizona. Drive South on river road to the Utah/Arizona border. The road turns to dirt at the border and is school trust land. Continue south on this road a little over 4 miles to where overhead powerlines cross the road. Immediately after the overhead lines take a right turn heading west. Go West approximately 1 mile to the shooting range on the south side of the road. Nice flat graded area to shoot from with several steel targets out to 1 mile. Don't expect to be there alone on weekends or holidays.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool, thank you! I'm just glad to know there are plenty of places to explore and get to stretch out to distance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top