Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/10/2021 5:25:19 PM EDT
Used to be a thread on it. Couldn't find it, so....

Is it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, theyre open. I dont know the exact date but irrc they reopened at end of October/early November 2020.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Looking through their web site, it said it would be reopening in October but it wasn't dated and they didn't include a year, so I wasn't sure. Been many years since I've been there. I saw in their rules no tracers or incendiary ammo. Didn't see anything specific about .50BMG, so still looking around. I know its only 100 yards, but I just switched scope mounts and need to get it on paper at least.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool. Looking through their web site, it said it would be reopening in October but it wasn't dated and they didn't include a year, so I wasn't sure. Been many years since I've been there. I saw in their rules no tracers or incendiary ammo. Didn't see anything specific about .50BMG, so still looking around. I know its only 100 yards, but I just switched scope mounts and need to get it on paper at least.
View Quote

I believe they have a section set up for .50bmg on the 100yrd range.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Imma go check out the new range.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
There is at least one spot for the 50 BMG on the 100 yard range. Prone only I believe.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
They did a nice job IMO. I was leery when I heard they was changing the mesh target screen to wood stands but they work nice.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They did a nice job IMO. I was leery when I heard they was changing the mesh target screen to wood stands but they work nice.

View Quote
It does look nice but as someone who's used that range for 40 years, IMHO the only improvement over the way it was is the new entry drive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#8]
i do like the target stands in the ground instead of against the mesh backstops. one big thing i miss about the old sv is the roof. before it was very open and airy. now, i sometimes feel almost claustrophobic under the new ceiling. and im not even tall, i imagine its worse for someone over 6'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i do like the target stands in the ground instead of against the mesh backstops. one big thing i miss about the old sv is the roof. before it was very open and airy. now, i sometimes feel almost claustrophobic under the new ceiling. and im not even tall, i imagine its worse for someone over 6'.
View Quote
With the lower roof, baffles and dividers between the benches, it's much louder. It's also very dark.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With the lower roof, baffles and dividers between the benches, it's much louder. It's also very dark.
View Quote

They try to give you that indoor range feel, so they can raise the price. With all those steel baffles close to the shooters, an accidental discharge could be dangerous if hitting a steel baffle near the firing line. Carrying those stands to the target line is silly, the range officer said they are going to change to something else. Some plastics tubes that the stands sit in were shot and broken already. I actually like the mesh better!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
i haven't been there since it closed for renovation, but now have my 2021 ODNR annual range permit, ...looking forward to checking it out!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO if you shot in the morning the sun got into your eyes before the remodel. The new ceilings block out the sun in the mornings
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IMO if you shot in the morning the sun got into your eyes before the remodel. The new ceilings block out the sun in the mornings.
View Quote
True that. I got to where I would hang a towel with clothes pins from the lattice to block the sun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They try to give you that indoor range feel, so they can raise the price.
View Quote

Price is the same for a year pass...
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top