Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2020 8:27:08 PM EDT
Need to mark a Turkey off my list of things that need killed and cooked. Just picked up a Benelli M2 Field and hoping someone might be willing to show me the ropes or offer some suggestions for places to try.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It would help if you said what area you live in so we could help with where to go
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I split my weeks between Hampton Roads and Shenandoah County. I'll hunt anywhere in the state. Don't mind driving or camping to get on some birds.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Good choice with Turkey hunting. I got the Benelli M4 instead of the M2. I swapped out the mod choke that it came with for a full choke. I also found a good traditional stock to go with it rather than the pistol grip style. Really good setup.

You can check out the turkey population map here: https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/spring-turkey-hunting-in-virginia/where-you-can-hunt/

Since you are in the HR region, you can go up to QuanticoFort Belvoir this April. You call 703-805-3081 and you need an additional permit to hunt on state forest. If you can you can do a early morning departure, get there before sunrise, then

https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/publiclands/#stateforests
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I split my weeks between Hampton Roads and Shenandoah County. I'll hunt anywhere in the state. Don't mind driving or camping to get on some birds.
View Quote
I have a farm in Campbell County. I can’t guarantee that we will see a Turkey, but I know there are a few there. I would love to give it a try. Let me know if you are interested and we’ll get something on the calendar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top