Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2020 3:24:03 PM EDT
I was down at the SW shortly after they took over the Field and Stream back in the fall.

There was talk of an improved shooting and reloading department after the F&S stuff got cleared out.

I haven’t had a chance to check it out since, and won’t until after the corona madness is done.

Anyone know if it’s changed for the better?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s better than it was but don’t expect it to look like Ace’s. Last time I was there it was mostly just lower end AR’s.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time I was there, I had asked about the possibility of getting a better selection of powders.  The guy behind the counter said that yes, indeed, that is the plan and to check back in about a month.

then this happened.... I think they are supposed to expand that section.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I was there, I had asked about the possibility of getting a better selection of powders.  The guy behind the counter said that yes, indeed, that is the plan and to check back in about a month.

View Quote
I asked the same and was told the same. From what I was told there was some things that were changing over so it was going to take a while. I was told they were using the Field and stream FFL so some places that went from F&S to SW had to wait for the paper work to change. The CEO didnt want any AR on his FFl. I was told they still controlled it. It probably has changed already but I haven't been there since.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

there are a million places to get powders other than that shit hole.

Johnson's sporting goods has a ton of powder.  Decent prices.  McMillan Welding in Houston has powders... you have to call ahead though... its not a walk in sort of business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top