Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2022 8:44:12 PM EDT
I must be living under a rock.  I thought the Sportsmans Warehouse in Coon Rapids (or up in that part of the cities) closed down years ago.  I remember going there around 2004-2006 time frame, and then I thought they closed down bunch of stores because they expanded too fast.

Did the Coon Rapids store actually close at one time?  Is it worth stopping in to this one?  I remember it being a lot better than Cabela's IMO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I hadn't even heard about it until I saw that they were having a going out of business sale. I went to that, and it was mostly stripped clean by then. This would be early 2009.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The current Coon Rapids store opened a few years ago.
They were good with feeding my Aguila .22lr habit the last year and a half. Federal Automatch is consistently back in stock and cheaper at Walmart now so less trips to Sportsmans.

You can check their inventory online for guns and ammo by searching their website for specific items with that store set ad your location. Ammo was added back for online purchase and in store pickup in the last week or two.

I have purchased several firearms from them in the last two years without any issues. They will do ship to store for online firearm purchases.

Like everywhere else their ammo, reloading, and firearm inventory was sparse from May 2020 until around August 2021. Prices seem comparable to other box stores, meaning you may find it cheaper searching online and/or using coupons and sales.
Other inventory has looked good, better than Fleet Farm the last 2 years.
I have only been to Cabelas (Rogers store) once in the last year and it had little in stock aside from expensive shotgun shells, beef jerky, and fishing shirts.

I have not been to Sportsmans since Thanksgiving so it could have changed if they have issues restocking after Christmas. They have had staffing issues, again like just about every store.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
They are across the road from old location.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Neat, I didn't know they were back open! I went there a couple times, 2005-2006 timeframe, saw they closed...didn't know they opened a new one. I'll have to go back up and see what it's like now...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I am confident the it was in 2009 when the chain filed for bankruptcy and sold some of the stores off to holding company who had loaned them money.  And, then closed stores altogether like Coon Rapids, Woodbury, St. Cloud.  Supposedly, Bill Hicks in Plymouth was on the hook for close to 10 million in unpaid invoices?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top