Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/30/2019 10:32:17 PM EDT
Are there any places to shoot sporting clays near Cincy? I see you have to be a member for Milford and Indian hill. Shot clays (5 stand) for the first time in North Carolina over the weekend and had a blast. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
where did you shoot in NC?
I travel near Raleigh Durham frequently.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
where did you shoot in NC?
I travel near Raleigh Durham frequently.
View Quote
https://www.claybreakersllc.com

It’s in Lexington, but not sure how close you get to there. They had 5 stand with 11 different throwers + additional wobble trap thrower. $8 for a round and they were very nice for a couple of first timers and a ton of fun
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are there any places to shoot sporting clays near Cincy? I see you have to be a member for Milford and Indian hill. Shot clays (5 stand) for the first time in North Carolina over the weekend and had a blast. Thanks!
View Quote
For me, sporting clays is the most fun I can have behind a gun.  I shoot pistol and rifle to stay proficient for if the time ever comes that my life or the lives of those I love depend on me.  But, nothing beats a relaxing day with good friends shooting those orange discs.

I dont have any recommendations down that way though.  I'm in Delaware county, and shoot at Blackwing and Cardinal Center a good bit.

However,  Where to Shoot - NSSF Website is a good site to find places to shoot across the country.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind a drive, outside of Batesville, Indiana is this joint:
Tri-County Coonhunters
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

For me, sporting clays is the most fun I can have behind a gun.  I shoot pistol and rifle to stay proficient for if the time ever comes that my life or the lives of those I love depend on me.  But, nothing beats a relaxing day with good friends shooting those orange discs.

I dont have any recommendations down that way though.  I'm in Delaware county, and shoot at Blackwing and Cardinal Center a good bit.

However,  Where to Shoot - NSSF Website is a good site to find places to shoot across the country.
View Quote
Thanks for the link. There’s a couple places close but you have to be a member. I wouldn’t mind but two places you need a sponsor so those are pros to out

Quoted:
If you don't mind a drive, outside of Batesville, Indiana is this joint:
Tri-County Coonhunters
View Quote
Thanks. Almost an hour so I probably won’t look into the weekly shoots but should be a good option for a couple times a month.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Thank you! Have you been to sycamore? I stumbled across one of the fields last winter doing work at the paper factory nearby last year and was curious about it. Couldn’t ever figure out what it was called though
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Elk Creek in Owenton KY is another great option.

My family shoots at Middletown quite often and have been wanting to go see Sycamore so if you get there give us a report

JLE
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Elk Creek in Owenton KY is another great option.

My family shoots at Middletown quite often and have been wanting to go see Sycamore so if you get there give us a report

JLE
View Quote
Elk creeks website seems very nice. How’s the pricing? The memberships aren’t listed and I figure if I have to ask I probably can’t afford it lol. I’m thinking I’m just going to buy a membership to Middletown. Even if I can go a couple times a month it would probably still be worth it
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Cherrybend Pheasant Farm

Really nice place family owned.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Most have been mentioned. Clinton county farmers.  Country attic treasures is the big shotgun shop in town. Give them a visit they are happy to help
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Has been a couple of years since I went to Elk Creek outside of fundraising events but the walk in pricing was not way out of line.  They have a winery and BnB there is there is a spouse who shoots too.

JLE
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Also a membership at Middletown is with it, I think the non member prices went up this year... Or there was some confusion.  100 rounds for members is now $30 and I thought previously it was $25, but they said $25 was the non-member price for 50 birds
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most have been mentioned. Clinton county farmers.  Country attic treasures is the big shotgun shop in town. Give them a visit they are happy to help
View Quote
Only skeet at CCFSA
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I've shot clays at Sycamore a lot.  It's a nice place, simple, but nice.  You can bring your own vehicle, there are no carts available for rent.  The course is easy to walk if you don't have any ailments.  The biggest thing it has going for it is location - 10 minutes or so from downtown Montgomery and 5 minutes from I-275 @ Wards Corner.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a member at Middletown. It's pretty decent as far as clays go. Trap, skeet, sporting clays, and 5 stand. The clubhouse is nothing fancy, but you're not going for that anyway (I think....)
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm a member at Middletown. It's pretty decent as far as clays go. Trap, skeet, sporting clays, and 5 stand. The clubhouse is nothing fancy, but you're not going for that anyway (I think....)
View Quote
I ended up joining Middletown. Recently picked up a Glock 44 and a new beretta a300 so I’ve been itching to get out. Hasn’t failed, every time I get off early it’s been raining though
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Haha, I feel your pain. I've been trying to get out there weeks to no avail. Between work and family obligations, no joy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Cherrybend Pheasant Farm

Really nice place family owned.
View Quote
This. My relatives own Cherrybend. Hard working farmers who support veterans with Operation Cherrybend
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top