Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2020 9:14:52 AM EDT
It's a long shot, and I've posted up a WTB ad already, but does anybody have any leads on where there might be a folding stock Spas-12 for sale in GA or close by? Most of the ones I see listed on other sites either seem like scams or the seller wants twice as much as they are worth, according to the collector's I've talked to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked on gunbroker?   There is one at Rock Island auction with a pre sale estimate of $12-1700 +18.5% buyers premium and shipping
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
What are they going for these days?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Had one for sale months ago.

The catfishing was epic. Guys were wanting pictures to draw comics with.  One crackhead said he’d give $500 for it.

They do have some worth as none have been made for 20 years. Not just not imported. Not made.

It was at a very reasonable price.

I enjoyed it when I was younger but I’m just not into collectors pieces anymore.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had one for sale months ago.

The catfishing was epic. Guys were wanting pictures to draw comics with.  One crackhead said he’d give $500 for it.

They do have some worth as none have been made for 20 years. Not just not imported. Not made.

It was at a very reasonable price.

I enjoyed it when I was younger but I’m just not into collectors pieces anymore.
View Quote
I've had similar experiences. I purchased my first SPAS-12 folding stock variant (along with many other guns) new from Jimmy Groover at Dixie Pawn years ago for less than $500. Dixie Pawn was in the news a while back for a botched robbery attempt...+1 for the good guys
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Rock Island would be a good option. I have looked on gunbroker and most are overpriced. For reference, most of the collectors I've spoken too have said a reasonable price would be in the $1750 to low $2000's. Most of the ones on GB have a buy now price of $3500. A handful popped up for sale in GA on outdoorstrader last year and went for under $2000. However I'm well aware that the market will set the demand. As soon as people start paying over $3000 is when it sets that as a fair price.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
A while back Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna was sitting on some well used LE trades in their pile of used LE trade in shotguns - that were near the gunsmith counter.  I inquired about them sitting on the rack on the floor and the price was over $1k and the looked like they were well used.  Not sure if they might still have them or not - this was months ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
If you specifically want one local, they pop up from time to time on The Outdoors Trader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top