Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2021 8:32:59 PM EDT
I got a call from some lady with an east Indian or Pakistani accent today, was a bad connection at first so she called back.  She asked if I would entertain a cash offer for my house, knew the address.  I told her to fuck off and never call again.

House is in a suburb of Milwaukee.

Weirdest fucking thing.  Call was to my cell phone, we don't have a house phone and I bought the house fifteen years ago and have never done anything to even look at moving or buying elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they'll pay you in Slurpees?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There’s a bigger market than you can imagine for hacked information and international money funds are pouring money into US real estate.

Also scam calls but all that info that has been bought or stolen is aggregated and used for this kind of thing. Also the numbers are almost always cloned so there aren’t a lot of easy  ways to block it
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Just add a couple of hundred thousand to the present value of your house and say price is firm. They usually hang up on you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL it would cost at least $1k per square foot to get me to budge.  I've got a lot of work into this place and plan on never moving, so I'd need be able able to buy a $1M+ house on a bunch of land with an on-site shop where I could move the business.

I was wondering if anyone else in the area was getting random offers like this.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Wife got a call from a local realtor offering to sell our house for a premium. Caller knew her name, our address and shared the fact that the house across the street recently closed on a sale.

The funny thing is the home is titled to me only so we aren’t sure how they got her cell number (which is through her employer).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top