Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 10/22/2021 9:49:06 PM EDT
Wife and I want to do some formal training, don't want to travel far.  There's plenty of stuff in Omaha, but I would rather stay in-state and prefer a less corporate atmosphere.  

One of the local gun stores a while back mentioned some guy in Mills County who knew what he was doing but I wasn't in a position to look him up at that time and don't remember who it was.  Going as far as Des Moines might as well go to Omaha.  

Anyone know a reputable outfit around Pottawattamie, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Cass or Shelby counties?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello fellow SW Iowan...

88 Tac's carbine courses are good to go, 4-6 people, up in Tekamah. The level 3 course does go into basic transition from handgun to carbine, would like to see more of that, maybe level 4 if they have enough interest for a class.

As far as anything in the SW counties I know of no one or of a place to host it.

Count me in if something can get set up;  it would be awesome to have a 2 day pistol/carbine course if possible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hello fellow SW Iowan...

88 Tac's carbine courses are good to go, 4-6 people, up in Tekamah. The level 3 course does go into basic transition from handgun to carbine, would like to see more of that, maybe level 4 if they have enough interest for a class.

As far as anything in the SW counties I know of no one or of a place to host it.

Count me in if something can get set up;  it would be awesome to have a 2 day pistol/carbine course if possible.
View Quote

Yeah 88 Tac seems good to go, just a big trek into Omaha or Tekamah for me.  I will keep looking and update if I find anything else.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know about shooting courses but if you want to run down to engc I am a member so you could tag along I know some stuff and would shoot with you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
PM sent.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top