Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 10:01:55 PM EDT
Heading up to SW area first week in June. Any specific drainage areas to avoid due to  snow melt? PMs welcome too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
SW area?

Drainage?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SW area?

Drainage?
View Quote

Black canyon, san Miguel and tributaries, animas and tributaries, river/creeks east of Durango, maybe uncomphagre. I'm staying in montrose Durango and Grand junction (that's for a shooting thing though)

I have 5 days.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
OK.

Keep an eye on the flows, but the Animas fishes pretty good most of the year.  Same with the San Juan.  

Early spring with high temps can cause spikes in runoff.  

Great area to explore!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t get to fish much these days and the stonefly hatch is a little ways off but I can tell you that the Gunny Gorge is heaven on earth right now.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
First week of June is typical peak of runoff. Snow pack is running mid-60% right now on the western slope, so chances are runoff will be darn near over by then.

If not, hit some tailwaters.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The Gunnison gorge should be fired up.

These guys will rent you a small raft, jet boat you and the raft up to the gorge from pleasure park and drop you at smith fork, then you float/fish your way back.  All day gig for under 200.

http://www.troutfisherman.net/services.html
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, have a float booked and going to put a lot of miles on the boots other days.I'm amazed at how much private land affects access.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top