Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2020 4:46:12 PM EDT
Howdy y'all!  I'm taking a short trip to Zion NP next week, staying in Springdale.  I'll be driving down from SLC on the morning of the 23rd (Tuesday) and I'll be down there several hours before I can check into the hotel (but probably after all the parking in the park is taken up) so I'm thinking up something to kill a few hours that day late morning/early afternoon.

Any good shooting ranges in the area?  Any other local attractions I should see that aren't part of the park?  Or if anyone wants to get together for lunch Tuesday that could work as well.

While we're on the topic, what are your must-do hikes in Zion?  Kolob Canyons and Angel's Landing are closed FYI.  I'll be leaving Saturday so I've got time for a few hikes, planning on hiking everyday and playing with my telescope at night.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I know of this range link although I haven’t been to it yet. Their site says they built a new range back in March. Unknown if it’s done, etc. Maybe call them. Sorry all I know is what’s on their site. Maybe somebody in the know will chime in. Enjoy your trip
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an informal shooting range at the top of the hill out of LaVerkin just off the north side  of UT-9 highway before Virgin. Has concrete shooting benches and some steel long range targets.

Springdale is pretty close to Grafton Ghost Town.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is an informal shooting range at the top of the hill out of LaVerkin just off the north side  of UT-9 highway before Virgin. Has concrete shooting benches and some steel long range targets.

Springdale is pretty close to Grafton Ghost Town.
View Quote

I came to post the LaVerkin range.  Fun place to shoot, just bring your own target stands.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range SUPS is one of the premier ranges in the United States.  However,  it is currently undergoing a complete over haul. I am not sure if they are open.  Call them and see if they have bays available yet. You will not be disappointed if they are open. They are active on Facebook.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I came to post the LaVerkin range.  Fun place to shoot, just bring your own target stands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It can be a bit, uh, informal. I wouldn't go there myself because of safety concerns. Many shooters there have a blatant disregard for basic firearms rules. I've seen alcohol mixed in as well. Visit at your own risk, and carry a loaded sidearm. I'm not aware of anything serious ever happening there, but I wouldn't chance it.

Quoted:
The Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range SUPS is one of the premier ranges in the United States.  However,  it is currently undergoing a complete over haul. I am not sure if they are open.  Call them and see if they have bays available yet. You will not be disappointed if they are open. They are active on Facebook.

SUPS is part of the Washington County Shooting Sports Park. https://www.shootingsportspark.com/
There is a nice "normal" range as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the leads fellas!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top