Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2020 9:17:12 PM EDT
The next Southern Indiana Battle Buddies Ruck will be held Saturday, February 29 @ 1pm.
Meetup location will be at Nichols-Wilson Park in Scottsburg, IN. (Same location as previous ruck). For info on the previous ruck, look here

This is our second Battle Buddy event, and like before, we’re striving to have any many participants as possible meet the ABB standard of 45lb dry pack weight. That’s not a requirement to attend, so bring as much weight as you can confidently ruck for six miles, while keeping a minimum 3mph pace.
For those that completed the last ruck with the prescribed weight, this will be the second of three qualifying rucks to achieve a 3rd class American Battle Buddy rating. More information on the American Battle Buddies can be found here

I wanted to get this posted as soon as possible, so everyone would have plenty of notice. I’ll add to this post as more info becomes available, so be sure to check back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Heads up.

@blackrifledan
@craig24680
@johnnypantz
@Jinxters
@whiskersthecat
@boatbuilder
@Vespid_Wasp
@LuvBushMaster
@DuCATTi
@7255
@Ressurrected
@Ben
@One_Slayer
@Axleman94
@compuvette
@BOOST
@CYB29
@Garyindiane

Sorry if I’m missing anyone.
Please pass this info along to anyone who’d be interested.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
IN, bitches.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hooray I made the list!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hooray I made the list!
View Quote
I gotta keep touch with home office, so they know we’re not slacking.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Y'all are trying to kill me

I'm going to be out the night before at a concert, do this hike, hit the orchestra after, and try and manage nighttime festivities

Fuck it, we'll do it live. I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Up in this next Battle Buddies Ruck!??
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m in. Again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
All in here! Hopefully no surprise events or work trips! Thanks for hosting / leading the last charge! This will be fun! Hope to push a bit harder the next go round on this trail.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Only like 1.5 hours from me......I think I'm going to do it.

Guess I'm going to get a pack and start training now, may not be at 45lbs for the meet up but I'll do my best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m in. Again.
View Quote
Love new bros
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only like 1.5 hours from me......I think I'm going to do it.

Guess I'm going to get a pack and start training now, may not be at 45lbs for the meet up but I'll do my best.
View Quote
I didn’t do it on my first one. This is my 2nd and this time I’m coming fully loaded.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn't do it on my first one. This is my 2nd and this time I'm coming fully loaded.
View Quote
I've never rucked a single day in my life...so this will be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't do it on my first one. This is my 2nd and this time I'm coming fully loaded.
First one is tough.

Power through.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I highly recommend to put some practice miles in. This is not easy, but will put you in phenomenal shape.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in, yet again.

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First one is tough.

Power through.
View Quote
Going to start light and then go from there. The Parklands over in Jasper is a solid loop filled with a lot of hills, my wife and I walk it often but never with weights.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I highly recommend to put some practice miles in. This is not easy, but will put you in phenomenal shape.
View Quote
I feel like slapping 45lbs in a bag and having at it may be a bad idea. I figured start light and go from there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m out on this one, I’ll be in GA getting everything ready for suffering on a different level
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m out on this one, I’ll be in GA getting everything ready for suffering on a different level
View Quote
Understandable.
A couple of us will see you the following week, then.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s not too early to start training for the next hike.

Logged 2.5 miles today at lunch with the same pack weight as Saturday. 50+ Lbs  
Just walked laps in the back parking lot. No real elevation gain, but better than sitting on my butt.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's not too early to start training for the next hike.

Just walked laps in the back parking lot. No real elevation gain, but better than sitting on my butt.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113101/A50F152B-F8B6-48BD-B6A6-AF137200448B_png-1262086.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113101/985FFDBB-27C9-425B-99B4-950DD5702F5A_jpe-1262094.JPG
View Quote
Got out today with only 15lbs (didn't know where to start) and did 3.71 miles in 1:02. The one thing I learned was I need some new hiking shoes/boots ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Got out today with only 15lbs (didn't know where to start) and did 3.71 miles in 1:02. The one thing I learned was I need some new hiking shoes/boots ASAP.
View Quote
Get Merino wool socks. This is super important. I have phenomenal walking/running shoes, but around the 3 mile point my feet started to blister, and other than my lower back, my shins, my calves, my glutes, my hamstrings, my traps, I was totally in good shape.

Damon_23, along with other knowledgeable people said Merino wool socks are the go to. You can get some decent ones at cabelas, and they're made here in America.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:08:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It’s not too early to start training for the next hike.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113101/A50F152B-F8B6-48BD-B6A6-AF137200448B_png-1262086.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113101/985FFDBB-27C9-425B-99B4-950DD5702F5A_jpe-1262094.JPG
View Quote
I just started coming out of my body coma from Saturday. I blew the leaves for about 3 hours, with a 10lb blower on my back. I have delts, traps, and lats tomorrow. I'm thinking Sunday I may do some walking. I'm going with my bigger backpack with waist support this time around. I'm going to try some different packing methods and see which one is the best.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]
My personal preference is Darn Tough socks. They’re made in the USA, and they carry a lifetime warranty. However, I only like their full cushion or extra cushion line of socks, none of the light cushion stuff.

For shoes, I like Merrell Moab 2 or Salomon XA Pro mids, although it appears they aren’t making those particular Salomons anymore. i just picked up a pair of Salomon X Ultra mids that I’ll be breaking in over the next few weeks. Any shoe that’s waterproof (like Gore-Tex) is NOT ideal and your feet will be sweaty and miserable in very little time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not too early to start training for the next hike.

Yes. New boots are amazing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My personal preference is Darn Tough socks. They’re made in the USA, and they carry a lifetime warranty. However, I only like their full cushion or extra cushion line of socks, none of the light cushion stuff.

For shoes, I like Merrell Moab 2 or Salomon XA Pro mids, although it appears they aren’t making those particular Salomons anymore. i just picked up a pair of Salomon X Ultra mids that I’ll be breaking in over the next few weeks. Any shoe that’s waterproof (like Gore-Tex) is NOT ideal and your feet will be sweaty and miserable in very little time.
View Quote
I'm going to try those myself based on several excellent firsthand recommendations
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I wear the cheap cabelas/bass pro shop lightweight merino wool socks. I walked Saturday’s hike in a cheapo pair of Nike running shoes (50+ pound pack). The Saturday before, I did the same hike with an old, worn out pair of Merrill Moabs (30+ pound pack at a 4.4mph pace).  
Same socks both times. Just my .02, but as long as they fit well, worry less about the shoes, and focus on good socks. One of our hikers Saturday wore steel toe cowboy-style work boots, and didn’t die.
Don’t break the bank searching out the perfect shoe/boot.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Blisters healed. Wool socks, 5lbs extra, different pair of boots. Let's try this again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Blisters healed. Wool socks, 5lbs extra, different pair of boots. Let's try this again.
View Quote
Awesome!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wear the cheap cabelas/bass pro shop lightweight merino wool socks. I walked Saturday’s hike in a cheapo pair of Nike running shoes (50+ pound pack). The Saturday before, I did the same hike with an old, worn out pair of Merrill Moabs (30+ pound pack at a 4.4mph pace).  
Same socks both times. Just my .02, but as long as they fit well, worry less about the shoes, and focus on good socks. One of our hikers Saturday wore steel toe cowboy-style work boots, and didn’t die.
Don’t break the bank searching out the perfect shoe/boot.

YMMV
View Quote
Actually, he did die.

But he got better.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll take it. Plus no extra blisters this timeAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually, he did die.

But he got better.
View Quote
Screen name checks out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Outstanding!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#34]
First night back at work. I had chest bi's and tri's today. Made all kinds of gains, but nothing that helps me in rucking. I'll work on that next Saturday when I get a day off.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you're getting hot spots also try

Excellent for heels.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Looking like I'll be able to make it this time. Anyone wanting to carpool I'm just a little southeast of downtown. I'm off I74 but can meet anyone who needs a ride.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope everyone has been logging some miles in preparation for this next hike. It’s gonna be here before we know it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hope everyone has been logging some miles in preparation for this next hike. It’s gonna be here before we know it.
View Quote
Have a hike tomorrow at Indian creek walking trail. Doing the full 6 miles. Still debating if I should bring the full Monty.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Alright so I did 6 miles in hour forty five with 45lbs. Packs do make a freaking world of difference. So I used my 3 day go bag with no waist support on that last session. It kicked my ass and I only had 38lbs in it.

Just broke out my erblstock operator pack. Put 45lbs in it. It wasn’t easy but it was SO MUCH easier than trying it with my go bag.

Also the merino socks made a world of difference.

Here’s my pack I used.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Alright so I did 6 miles in hour forty five with 45lbs. Packs do make a freaking world of difference. So I used my 3 day go bag with no waist support on that last session. It kicked my ass and I only had 38lbs in it.

Just broke out my erblstock operator pack. Put 45lbs in it. It wasn’t easy but it was SO MUCH easier than trying it with my go bag.

Here’s my pack I used.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/169355/20611126-A320-49D6-9D22-5FD376EFDF2C_jpe-1278163.JPG
View Quote
Outstanding!!
Great info. And nice pack.
I picked up another spare pair of merino-blend socks today. They’re the best.

Anyone else been out training?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Outstanding!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here’s my pack I used.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/169355/20611126-A320-49D6-9D22-5FD376EFDF2C_jpe-1278163.JPG
Outstanding!!

I did 6miles yesterday.

(By the way you guys can tell me to fuck off anytime )

You guys just seem the second most organized, so I subscribe to your threads
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:33:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I did 6miles yesterday.

(By the way you guys can tell me to fuck off anytime )

You guys just seem the second most organized, so I subscribe to your threads
View Quote
Why would we tell the titty avatar pirate or whatever hat she's wearing to fuck off? It makes the thread enjoyable. Plus I love your videos, especially about the "I hear you guys are worried, and I can't blame you" as you break out the drill. I laughed so hard my eyeball about popped out of my head.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Outstanding!!

View Quote
My buddy dipped out on me, but I'm going again Wednesday. He said only Jesus will stop him this time. We shall see. I'm super tempted to take up your offer on the two gun. Only thing that may stop is we're driving together. If he bails, then I'm a go, and I'll follow you to wherever this two gun thing is. Excuses are for the weak.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I had a doctor appointment today and I'm not gonna make this one but I'll keep working out. I'm very serious about this so I'll keep doing what the doctor says and I'll be there soon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well I had a doctor appointment today and I'm not gonna make this one but I'll keep working out. I'm very serious about this so I'll keep doing what the doctor says and I'll be there soon.
View Quote
No worries. Do what you gotta do to get/stay healthy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh my god.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh my god.
View Quote
Did you die?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Did you die?
View Quote
My friend showed up. He had 43lbs I had 47 without water. He’s about a half a foot taller than I am, and 75lbs heavier. He had no problems and was literally almost running up hill. He pushed me real hard to the point I thought I was going to die.

We did about five miles, but getting up mount mother fucker about whipped my ass. It was tough.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My friend showed up. He had 43lbs I had 47 without water. He’s about a half a foot taller than I am, and 75lbs heavier. He had no problems and was literally almost running up hill. He pushed me real hard to the point I thought I was going to die.

We did about five miles, but getting up mount mother fucker about whipped my ass. It was tough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you die?

Sounds like an awesome time. You’ll have to get this giant buddy of yours to the next ruck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sounds like an awesome time. You’ll have to get this giant buddy of yours to the next ruck.
View Quote
He’s going.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top