Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2021 3:18:04 AM EDT
Hello folks, the wife and I have been considering making a move out of Northern Northern, we live in a very rural area and we are off grid / prepare type so we are looking for something along those lines but a bit greener and with 4 seasones. Can anyone give me the run down of that area we have been looking at land online in the Clayton, Moyers, and Heavener areas.
Thanks for any input
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello folks, the wife and I have been considering making a move out of Northern Northern, we live in a very rural area and we are off grid / prepare type so we are looking for something along those lines but a bit greener and with 4 seasones. Can anyone give me the run down of that area we have been looking at land online in the Clayton, Moyers, and Heavener areas.
Thanks for any input
View Quote

Heavener is now known as little Mexico. Most Mexicans are very polite and probably better than the Methbillies. Clayton is over run with Dallas folk on the weekends. Moyers is probably the best choice. A little clannish but down to earth people, if they accept you. Hunting and fishing is good, lot's and lot's of public land. Prices aren't terrible for rural non improved land. Heavener the land prices are climbing especially with a house on it. Humidity is killer in the summer winters are mild and wet. Spring and Fall seem to have gotten screwy with roller coster temps making it hard to garden here where I'm at between Wister and Fanshaw. We're growing is the sad part and the more transplants we get the more City influence seems to be creeping in. Good luck with your search I suggest renting a cabin on Talamena drive, Long Lake, Wister Lake or Clayton and just spend the week before you dive into a full blown search.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top