Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2022 9:55:18 PM EDT
Who here has a source for tomatoes that taste like tomatoes? Farmers market or anywhere.

Member LS1 had a good crop a few years ago. Those were killer!  

These store bought ones taste like water.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Saturday farmers market at Roadrunner park?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saturday farmers market at Roadrunner park?
View Quote
Missed it.

Next week.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Get there early, lots of vendors are packing up by noon.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The Costco Campari tomatoes are pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who here has a source for tomatoes that taste like tomatoes? Farmers market or anywhere.

Thanks.
View Quote

If you are up for a drive, there are a couple farmers up in camp verde where you can pick and pay on site.  Not as good as ours but beats the pants off anything you find in the store.

Grandma died and the family forced the sale at the Phoenix property but we still had the farm up In camp verde, unfortunately he passed last year and his kids didn’t want to grow this season.  Hopefully we will have it up and producing again next season.

My garden was going great until my neighbors found out about it and began raiding every time they saw me ..
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you are up for a drive, there are a couple farmers up in camp verde where you can pick and pay on site.  Not as good as ours but beats the pants off anything you find in the store.

Grandma died and the family forced the sale at the Phoenix property but we still had the farm up In camp verde, unfortunately he passed last year and his kids didn't want to grow this season.  Hopefully we will have it up and producing again next season.

My garden was going great until my neighbors found out about it and began raiding every time they saw me ..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Grandma died and the family forced the sale at the Phoenix property but we still had the farm up In camp verde, unfortunately he passed last year and his kids didn't want to grow this season.  Hopefully we will have it up and producing again next season.

Seriously, those were so good that I made a second trip to get more.

Gazpacho season now and the store-bought tomatoes are not so great.

Talked to some friends and they are either messing with me or they are hiding their sources.

Sprouts is the usual response when asked.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Costco Campari tomatoes are pretty good.
View Quote
Those are the best so far.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top