Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 1:31:29 PM EDT
I was just out to lunch in Old Town.

The train station parking lot is filling up with what I assume to be protesters. Lots of masked white women holding signs, but none that I could read.

Interestingly enough I saw very few black people. There aren't many in Manassas in any case.

They hadn't started yet but we'll see what happens. Police seem to be ready, both city and county.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s about 5 mins from my house and right next door to my wife’s office (working from home today).  I’ll be on the lookout for things.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s about 5 mins from my house and right next door to my wife’s office (working from home today).  I’ll be on the lookout for things.  Thanks OP.
View Quote

PM Sent
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd evac if I were her.

I'm only assuming the nature of the demonstration, but I've heard rumors already and given what's happened even in Fauquier and Stafford (let alone north of town a few days ago) I wouldn't stick around.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd evac if I were her.

I'm only assuming the nature of the demonstration, but I've heard rumors already and given what's happened even in Fauquier and Stafford (let alone north of town a few days ago) I wouldn't stick around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd evac if I were her.

I highly doubt they'll make it this far west, but what's a reliable way to follow updates on the movement of these protests? I'd prefer something more reliable than the news.... Scanner app?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I highly doubt they'll make it this far west, but what's a reliable way to follow updates on the movement of these protests? I'd prefer something more reliable than the news.... Scanner app?
View Quote

Good question. I only know this because I was there.

A friend of mine is FFX PD and he might give us an update. Heard about an SIP last night and an advisory to avoid Liberia but I didn't hear anything more.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
5-0 radio pro is the scanner app I use.  It’s free and works well with the departments in the area.  Download it and I’ll answer any questions you have about using it, but it’s pretty straight forward.  

I’m also on an FD in the area and significant incidents happening in the area.  I’ll post if anything comes across.  

Inside NOVA and PW PD update their FB pages pretty frequently with these events too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd evac if I were her.

View Quote

She’s working from home today.  I’m worried about her boss whose also a friend of ours.  He just renewed the lease on their office that’s next to the train station.  And he just upgraded their office equipment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A friend of mine is FFX PD and he might give us an update. Heard about an SIP last night and an advisory to avoid Liberia but I didn't hear anything more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Im western Loudoun and outside town limits, but I'd rather not just assume "it can't happen here".
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
5-0 radio pro is the scanner app I use.  It’s free and works well with the departments in the area.  Download it and I’ll answer any questions you have about using it, but it’s pretty straight forward.  

I’m also on an FD in the area and significant incidents happening in the area.  I’ll post if anything comes across.  

Inside NOVA and PW PD update their FB pages pretty frequently with these events too.
View Quote

Looks like the pro version isn't free. Unless you're talking about Police Scanner 5-0?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:46:18 AM EDT
[#10]
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/5-0-radio-pro-police-scanner/id341776037

This is the one.  I’ve never had to pay for it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/5-0-radio-pro-police-scanner/id341776037

This is the one.  I’ve never had to pay for it.
View Quote

Ah... Apple. No worries, I found one. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Good luck everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top