Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2020 8:38:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Straight from the article - "Now, you may have to be a bit of a political nerd to know the bill, known on the Hill as H.R. 4, reinstates federal preclearance requirements for election changes in states with a history of voting rights violations."

That first statement - "Now, you may have to be a bit of a political nerd to know the bill", defeats the whole article IMHO. Tubs does need to learn more about the legal side of the Swamp, I mean, DC, but hopefully he will have good assistants / advisors to educate him on these matters.

I'm pretty smart and keep up with the news, but I barely remember hearing anything about this bill myself. Most likely, I tuned it out when I heard "voter suppression. The only "voter suppression" I'm aware of in Alabama is the keeping of unqualified people from voting, like un-pardoned felons, non-residents, non-citizens, underage, and the like.

AL dot com is a rag anyway, since they disabled comments on their articles, many of which are apparently not proof-read enough for punctuation, grammar, spelling, and CONTENT before posting / publishing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Never Mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top