Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2021 12:31:11 PM EDT
I recall a thread a month or two ago, where a member said they had wrapped their bike. I am looking at doing three panels on my car: Roof center section, wing and the tiny hatch panel below it. Using chrome vinyl. I have asked a couple local 'vendors', but they seem more confident than capable. Any suggestions welcome, even those involving Tannerite or chubby girls who smell vaguely of vodka...Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Nice flat panels will be easy to wrap. I hear the chrome colors are more prone to distortion when stretching. Cleaning and prep are the biggest parts. And I would suggest two people to do the roof section.

Also, I had a red 2004 Crossfire, it was a fun car.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235580/IMG_20210601_194902_jpg-2004309.JPG

Nice flat panels will be easy to wrap. I hear the chrome colors are more prone to distortion when stretching. Cleaning and prep are the biggest parts. And I would suggest two people to do the roof section.

Also, I had a red 2004 Crossfire, it was a fun car.
View Quote
I have no intention of doing it myself. Maybe as second AD, but, yikes. I can't even be trusted with crayons. I have heard the chrome hasta be in a climate controlled environment to be applied successfully. Bike looks good. I have considered spicing up my FJR1300 with some wrap bits.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
CK Wraps

This guy has a ton of useful tips and tricks for wrapping on his YouTube channel. Owns a shop up in Canada.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
CK Wraps

This guy has a ton of useful tips and tricks for wrapping on his YouTube channel. Owns a shop up in Canada.
View Quote
Interdasting. But, I am, admittedly, chicken to try it myself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Wicked wraps in Everett.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wicked wraps in Everett.
View Quote

They quoted me almost $3000 to do my motorcycle, not the whole thing, just what I wrapped myself. But maybe they just didn't want to do Bikes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one outfit offer it for $350. A couple weeks later, I approached them again, not realizing I had spoken to them earlier. exact same guy, same words, quoted me $1250. I have opted to try chrome paint. We shall see...
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, gyrene84 came halfway across the planet to help. It was great to meet another WAHTF tard...a conservative one, too. But, as luck would have it, the outfit I bought the wrap from is not getting a good review. I purchased two rolls. Paid mucho extra to get larger rolls to fit my roof. 42", specifically. The standard seems to be 36". The crap they sent me was 35.5", making a decent wrap nearly impossible. The best part was the second roll appears to be NOS, so, as soon as we applied it, the clear protective layer began to simply fall away from the vinyl. This crap looked like Amy Shumer's butt. The frosting on the cake was the next day, when the chrome logo flew off while driving. I think I'll just get a twelve pack of flat black and murder it...Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top