Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 10:53:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am seriously considering writing my rep, along with Hans Hunt, whom I have met several times and is sympathetic to this cause.

I want to set up something like an electoral college for the state to prevent Cheyenne from screwing us. We all know Cheyenne is pretty much Colorado, as well as our Capital, and we aren't too many years away from them ruining the rest of the state. Laramie, Jackson, and Casper are part of the equation too, and I think it would behoove us to get something like this through before this wonderful state is ruined by Cheyenne.

Thoughts?
View Quote
Good luck, the local power base, does not give up that power without a fight.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys,

Sort of getting out of my lane here as I'm a Nevadan living the nightmare.  Big obstacles your looking at are the decisions Sims v. Reynolds and specifically Baker v. Carr, but if you can figure out a way to make the nuetering of the mountain west costly to the tax base, or somehow lock up the legislature now in order to create some form of County requirement for changing the state constitution, however you may run into issues as stated above with the decisions from the US Supreme Court requiring states to count votes without weight.

Keep in mind, it really has nothing to do with ideas, policy, anything you would hope a late stage democratic process would embrace. For us, talking about what made Nevada great was seen as weakness, it was a simple arms race, blue shirts versus red-we devolved from discussing what was best for Nevada to simply winning, vanquish the enemy and force them to terms. The blue shirts won this one, and trying to discuss or appeal to anything otherwise was a total waste of time. I'm just warning you, be ready to mobilize your vote, ideas and respectful dialogue is what made Nevada run well for 150 years. Complacent we continued to believe it would, we were wrong. Hashtags, bumper sticker slogans and groupthink, seeing your fellow citizen as an opponent who is less than you, sadly, it's the only thing that matters. Really, get dirty if you have to, voter ID, difficult polling places, things I'd never support in the past, force the fight?

Anyway, sorry for my rant. I love Wyoming as I said-I'm going to stay and try, but hopefully our fight here will give you all ideas of how to win, and when I make my move to your beautiful free state the beers are on me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I are both very conservative and recently moved to Cheyenne from CT. We're trying to help keep it from becoming another Denver and by default California.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate to say it gents but the stupidity of other states is moving in person by person every day. Even in my little conservative little town I am seeing less American flags hanging even on our block year by year and more Bernie and other blue signs popping up on the houses. We even had about 30 people with signs yelling and wanting attention in Main Street protesting the Supreme Court decision it was pathetic. I am a young man at 32 but even I can see that the plane is going down and these fools will ride it right into the ground. I am down for trying anything we can to pull up and get back on track. But more and more I feel like ordering a drink and getting my family prepared because I think the next 10-20 years our beautiful state is going to be destroyed by the idiots coming from all directions. I will write to our representatives I will do whatever we need done but I even question if we have representation anymore with the events of the last decade. I guess time will tell, sorry about my crappy grammar and spelling and rant before heading to work. Keep your heads down and powder dry gentalmen we are in for interesting times.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
One thing you have it seems is the initiative, right now, to do something creative and have the backing of the people to do it.

Wyoming is an identity, Nevada had it but was overcome by greed and geography. When your political leadership is actively recruiting newcomers from specific political demographics with radio and television ads describing your state as "progressive and diverse", well, the results are in.

Maybe the Wyoming way of life needs to be advertised, recruit industries friendly to your values, advertise in places under siege, I know a number of Colorado and Nevada people who are fighting hard and losing-looking for a place to draw a line and live where personal liberty and responsibility are protected. Maybe that will keep the numbers flowing in your direction.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheyenne may be close to Colorado geographically, but the OP is incorrect that Cheyenne will become like Colorado politically.  Cheyenne is very conservative and votes that way.  Laramie on the other hand.....

There are folks from Colorado moving to the Cheyenne area.  More and more it seems, but many are conservative and getting away from Colorado liberals.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a pretty pessimistic view of anything politics anymore, especially local/state.  I just don't see anything but the inevitable increase of bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#11]
This is true, drafting a letter to our reps this week and will be sending it out. We should use this post to hit all the same spots what are the main topics we all wanna hit first?

I just wrote one based on the bump stock issue happening. I don't even own a bump stock but this is just one more cut on the rights of the people. The libs will never quit until we are all unprotected sheep so sad.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Cheyenne and Casper are a bit of a ways from being a problem.

Jackson and Laramie are where more of a problem.

Easy link to see voter number in different Wyo counties.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/wyoming/governor/

Left leaning sportsman and sportsman's groups are more of a problem and won Tester the Montanan Senate election.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Left leaning sportsman and sportsman's groups are more of a problem and won Tester the Montanan Senate election.
View Quote
Let's go a little deeper, shall we? Specifically, about Teton County, which I know something about. Some results from the most recent election:
Hunter (D)

Cheney (R)

Trauner (D)

Gordon  (R)

And so on. My point? The supposed Leftist bastion of Wyoming is, roughly, 40% Conservative.
Some other points to consider:
-The Leftist majority here in Teton County is largely due to short term transients. They can vote as soon as they establish residency here. Frankly, I don't see much of a threat to Wyoming from a few thousand ski bums who may be here for a year or three.
-Conservative heavy hitters, people with money, and influence, who are on OUR side, are well represented in Teton County. Foster Friess, Dick Cheney.
-There are 23 Counties in Wyoming. There are roughly 20K people who are counted as "residents" of Teton County. Many of these people are second home owners and are not residents for voting purposes. Population of Wyoming is about 590K.
The influence of Teton County in State elections, and in the bicameral Wyoming State Legislature, is NEVER decisive. The Leftist electeds here are always whining about how little they can expect to accomplish on a State level.

So exactly what "problem" does Teton County pose?
I would suggest that, if you are interested in heading off threats to the Wyoming way of life, you would do well to reinforce measures that strengthen the very real Conservative presence in this part of the State.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't really think Casper is part of the problem yet, as it still votes overwhelmingly red. It doesn't have nearly the same liberal feel that Laramie and Cheyenne do, but I do understand that could possibly change with further growth and influx of out of state liberals.
For now I think it helps balance out Cheyenne.
I think it possibly being a problem is a long ways off, but you are correct the time to fight that possibility would be now not later.
I too have concerns of the future in Wyoming, I don't want to see it become like Colorado.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think Cheyenne is a lot more vulnerable than you think being right next to the front range, and growing.

At least some of Casper's growth has been from the energy sector employment, not usually a liberal voting block.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe, but I am willing to bet money on Cheyenne turning way blue and screwing the rest of the state like Denver does to CO.  The reason won't be any Sportsman group, it'll just be plain old leftists moving into Cheyenne like locusts.
View Quote
I think you are right but it may be harder for them, being they have a long ways to go before Cheyenne/Laramie county gets anywhere near the population to dominate the state.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Hate to say it guys... it started to happen 20 or so yrs ago and once any type of legal pot usage happens it's a quick downhill ride to a blue state.
In the early 90's you could buy a t shirt at the Eagle's Nest in Cheyenne that said "We have a cure for Aids in Wyoming, we shoot F@$&ing Fagots", a couple years ago I stop by the Pilot on the wes why to myt side of Laramie for fuel on my uncles in Med Bow and 2 females get out of car with county 6 plates and start making out, WTF...
I'm heading back to Lander in a couple years to retire on the family ranch and have noticed a big change there over the past 15yrs or so, coffee shops, mtn bike shops, fancyish restaurants with vegan and gluten free menu options and Mr D's and Safeway have they options too.
Best thing to do is be diligent when I comes to protecting the values and what Wyoming is and build a wall to limit the invasion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Hate to say it guys... it started to happen 20 or so yrs ago and once any type of legal pot usage happens it's a quick downhill ride to a blue state.
In the early 90's you could buy a t shirt at the Eagle's Nest in Cheyenne that said "We have a cure for Aids in Wyoming, we shoot F@$&ing Fagots", a couple years ago I stop by the Pilot on the wes why to myt side of Laramie for fuel on my uncles in Med Bow and 2 females get out of car with county 6 plates and start making out, WTF...
I'm heading back to Lander in a couple years to retire on the family ranch and have noticed a big change there over the past 15yrs or so, coffee shops, mtn bike shops, fancyish restaurants with vegan and gluten free menu options and Mr D's and Safeway have they options too.
Best thing to do is be diligent when I comes to protecting the values and what Wyoming is and build a wall to limit the invasion.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#23]
It's not limited to just Cheyenne or the like, instead the state as a whole.  Cheyenne, Cody, Jackson, Lander, Sheridan all have had an influx from Colorado, Cali or the like.  I've run into tree huggers who moved from California because it became too crowded, then to Colorado but later left because it was too crowded and now are here.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Flying out of Denver after a couple days in Fort Collins.

What a ruined place. Grew up on the front range in the 70's and 80's. So sad.

Hope Wyoming doesn't go that way, but I can see these dipshits heading that way.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#27]
It is very tiresome to keep vigilant watch for crap coming down the pipe.
View Quote
Yep--I agree--sure is, BUT...

These Commie/Libtard/Progressives are worse than termites. It's their "hive" mentality--100% opposed to rock-ribbed, stand alone individualism. They work 24/7/365 to undermine ALL traditional values. ALL. They won't stop until everything near and dear to freedom-loving Americans is trashed. Their goal? After the dust settles--build their "UTOPIA." They are full of horse dung.

Here in small-town Ohio, I've seen the "take over" and damage done by these twits. Hate to say it, but it's mostly the bored women here causing all the grief. Hubby/Daddy is off in the big city making big bucks, and Baby/Momma is bored to death--wants a "cause" to "change the world." Bored. Gone are her days of WORK around the farm or ranch. She hires out everything here to Mexicans, Guatemalans, or whoever. Her fingernails look like pieces of artwork, they are all painted up. Has all the time in the world to raise hell and feel "liberated." What a crock.

Our local Library used to have guest speakers on Founding Fathers, Liberty, or Freedom. Now, the women running local "Board of Directors" from the Library down to local government levels grace us locals with seminars and guest speakers as: "Trans-Genderism and Why It's Important," or "Why Immigration is a United Nation Right."

My village here started in 1799--fighting hostile Native Americans, malaria, brutal winters, highwaymen, robbers, thieves, and once you handled all that, you had to clear 160 acres of massive oak, maple, beech, tulip poplar and cottonwood just to be able to plant some corn or wheat. We had a saying here: "A farmer who really loves his wife gives her a sharp axe."  Women worked as hard or harder than the men. Now, it's 180*.  Too many women messing things up here. Act accordingly. Raise some hell. Just saying....

YMMV

(my old house, ca. 1875)
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#28]
For those of you concerned about Leftists hijacking Wyoming:

-Senate file 49:

"Senate File 49 passed the House in a 33-26 vote Monday, which means now all that's needed is Gov. Mark Gordon's signature. The bill gives private schools across Wyoming the same exemptions from county zoning granted to public schools."

Teton County government just got slapped down by the Wyoming Legislature. Apparently at the behest of Foster Friess, a conservative resident of this County.

Something similar is about to happen at the State level to ensure that landowners here can subdivide their property for their children in spite of restrictive County regulations.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#30]
One segment of our population that for sure is our enemy is the local professors of the humanities.  They are almost totally PHDs from some place else

who are 100% radical left.  The board has no one else to choose from.  One tenured prof of English here in Powell taught a course this spring semester

based on a book called The Sixth Extinction.  Basically how we are wiping out scores of species because global warming.  Propaganda masquerading as

an English credit paid for in some part by tax dollars.  They are state employees.  She was a friend of mine until I heard that.  I told her my new mission in life

was the destruction of the American university system.  But I have no means of doing that other than running my mouth.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

One segment of our population that for sure is our enemy is the local professors of the humanities.  They are almost totally PHDs from some place else

who are 100% radical left.  The board has no one else to choose from.  One tenured prof of English here in Powell taught a course this spring semester

based on a book called The Sixth Extinction.  Basically how we are wiping out scores of species because global warming.  Propaganda masquerading as

an English credit paid for in some part by tax dollars.  They are state employees.  She was a friend of mine until I heard that.  I told her my new mission in life

was the destruction of the American university system.  But I have no means of doing that other than running my mouth.
View Quote
Gotta start somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top